1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to get notifications to ear buds

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jupiter1975, Jul 3, 2021.

1. Jupiter1975

Jupiter1975 Lurker

I have some new ear buds (not samsung), how can I get app notifications to play through them?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. olbriar

olbriar  

I have two different sets of Bose buds. Both units interrupt tunes for notifications and calls without doing anything beyond marrying them via BT to my phone.

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I use various headphones(Bose and Sony), earbuds(Huawei), and speakers with a Note20, and notification sounds automatically come through those BT devices.

And FWIW if I don't want notifications interrupting my music or podcast listening, I turn on Do Not Disturb.

#3 mikedt, Jul 3, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
    puppykickr, ocnbrze and olbriar like this.
  4. Jupiter1975

Jupiter1975 Lurker

Is that all types notifications like messages and emails?

5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Yeh, everything that makes a notification sound(app notifications that are set to ALERT, rather than SILENT).

6. Jupiter1975

Jupiter1975 Lurker

Thanks

ocnbrze likes this.
  7. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

It it working as desired, or not?
    If not, it is most likely a setting in whatever media app you are using at the time.

For instance, BlackPlayer (a music player) has an audio setting called 'focus'.
    This is where you can adjust the response to notifications while listening to music through the app.

8. Jupiter1975

Jupiter1975 Lurker

I figured it out. With Samsung ear buds my phone could be on silent or vibrate and I could get notifications through my ear buds. With the new ones my phone can not be on silent or vibrate.

ocnbrze, Dannydet and olbriar like this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 release date was August 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.3" inch screen, 12MP camera, 8GB RAM, Exynos 9825 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

August 2019
Release Date
Reviews