1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to get OEM Unlock option?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Snafuy, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Snafuy

Snafuy Newbie

The guides to root J7 all say you need to use OEM Unlock in the Developer Settings, but there is no option for that on mine (J730GM with 8.1.0).

I've read a few guides to enable OEM Unlock, and they either didn't work, or say I need Miracle Box.

The copies of Miracle Box that I've found so far are loaded with a LOT of malware (actual Windows trojans, not just custom USB drivers or Android OS PUA).

Can anyone point me to the URL of either a working method that doesn't use Miracle Box, or a clean copy of Miracle Box?

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Were those methods you saw referring to Samsung phones? Sammy have for years been amongst the manufacturers most hostile to unlocking, so I'd be a little surprised if many of their phones have this option. If you bought it through a service provider then even less likely.

Afraid I don't know that tool, so can only hope someone who knows this phone can help.

3. lvt

lvt Android Expert

11-30_08:58:58.jpg

Are you referring to this?

Hadron likes this.
  4. Snafuy

Snafuy Newbie

That's not at all what my J7 looks like:
    Screenshot_Settings.jpg

Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro Forum

The Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro release date was July 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Exynos 7870 Octa processor, and 3600mAh battery.

July 2017
Release Date
Reviews