1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to get pop up reminders for calendar?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RM22, Dec 20, 2011.

1. RM22

RM22 Newbie

How do I get pop up reminders to appear for calendar items like I had on my blackerry? I am just using the calendar icaon that came on the phone.

Also I saw a screenshot of someone's homepage that showed an open calendar on the main page, how do I do that but put it on one of the secondary pages?

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. You need to remember to have a reminder set in the appointment. Not all appointments have reminders by default, I don't think. Open the appointment and scroll down and look for the reminders.

I think the second thing you are referring to is a widget. Go into the widgets section of your app drawer, then drag it onto any home screen you like.

3. syntrix

syntrix Android Expert

Calendar -> options -> General Settings.

Scroll down and check the popup box.

4. eyc

eyc Well-Known Member

I have not been able to dismiss individual calendar reminder notifications. I still see only "dismiss all" or "snooze all." I thought I read somewhere that ICS would allow you to do one at a time or all together.

5. syntrix

syntrix Android Expert

In the task bar, slide it down. Slide 'em to the right to remove 'em.

Unless this is in the popup, and I don't use that feature. Taskbar notification is perfect for me.

6. RM22

RM22 Newbie

Ok, so the pop up box is checked, but Iam not getting them. Do they pop up in a reminder window or just in the pull down notifications thing?

If a reminder window does the phone have to be active or they disappear?

7. eyc

eyc Well-Known Member

Strange. I just ran four Test appointments. I was notified of each of the four, but I was unable to swipe any of them off. Is this because the schedules came through my exchange account? (which is synced through the "mail" app and no third-party applications).

8. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?

I'm also trying to figure this out. I used my notifications as reminders for often recurring events. I would not have those calendars set to display, but my Nexus One would still show the reminders, which was great.

Running a test now to see if the pop-up setting helps do this :)

9. syntrix

syntrix Android Expert

I'm waiting for a test too... If I'm within' 9 mins of a new sync, it won't alert.

I sync from Outlook 2003 to google, then to phone... ahh an alert.

Popup is the quick info about the calendar. There is an option to snooze all or dismiss all.

I would guess that if you had multiple appts, they would all be listed there. Can not slide from teh pop-up, only when just using the taskbar notification.

10. eyc

eyc Well-Known Member

Hmm. I have the popup disabled, but still cannot swipe to clear from the taskbar notification pulldown. Weird. I have a feeling it has something to do with Exchange.

11. syntrix

syntrix Android Expert

I made a double appt that will go off in a min..... popup disabled so they should show in the taskbar....

ok, it showed 2 calendars in one space, and I just swiped it to the right (just like you can do with email notifications), and they went away.

Wasn't there an option for a single alert for multiple appts? Maybe that was email where I saw that.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews