• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to get rid of Account Action Required?

mcr1000

Lurker
Dec 26, 2015
Hello, I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 phone. Ever since I deleted my other Gmail account on my phone there is a popup in my notification bar and I can't clear it. When i tap on it checks my info and its shown "Please Sign In....A change in your account requires that you sign in again." Then i tap the next button and it says Add My Account and shows the gmail account that I deleted. I really want to get rid of the popup please help me! :(

Hello, I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 phone. Ever since I deleted my other Gmail account on my phone there is a popup in my notification bar and I can't clear it. When i tap on it checks my info and its shown "Please Sign In....A change in your account requires that you sign in again." Then i tap the next button and it says Add My Account and shows the gmail account that I deleted. I really want to get rid of the popup please help me! :(

I have had the same problem for months. I finally figured out how to fix it after trying everything everyone else suggested. I went into my picture gallery and removed the email address that the account action required' was asking for. It worked like a charm. I think the problem was, even though I had deleted the POP account, it was still trying to sync my photos. Who knows why. My notification that wouldn't go away was my email from a job that didn't end well. So every time I looked at my phone, I was reminded of it! Ouch! I hope this fix works for you! Good luck!

Upvote 0
I have had the same problem for months. I finally figured out how to fix it after trying everything everyone else suggested. I went into my picture gallery and removed the email address that the account action required' was asking for. It worked like a charm. I think the problem was, even though I had deleted the POP account, it was still trying to sync my photos. Who knows why. My notification that wouldn't go away was my email from a job that didn't end well. So every time I looked at my phone, I was reminded of it! Ouch! I hope this fix works for you! Good luck!

Upvote 0
I did what you suggested and when I went to see my gallery with all the emails I have, that email account that was requesting the account action required the sync was already disabled. I guess I have to wait until I get a new phone or if I get a new phone will that same account action required popup appear again?

Upvote 0

Read my previous post (sorry I forgot to insert it together)

Upvote 0
How did you get the option to delete it from your gallery? I can't figure it

Not exactly deleting it but just unsyncing the account. So you go into your gallery then press the thing next to the home button on the left then tap on settings and you'll see all the accounts you have and you can tap on each one of them and it'll show you a bunch of things to sync. Although when I unsynced everything the account I wanted to delete didn't go away so i'm not sure why.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem I use my personal gmail account to login and sync data on my android device, I also have my professional/corporate/ work account as a secondary email. The problem was with my corporate account as there were admin settings from the company in terms of data privacy hence i got the constant notification "account action required". I tried everything but what worked for me was- i removed the account and added it again, google will ask you a list of permissions- just accept all (you don't have a choice) and now the notification is gone- Happy days. Hope this helps

Upvote 0
Hi I had the same problem but worked it out. Go to Settings and choose accounts, then when it go through to your accounts choose google. It will then show you the accounts you have, click on the one you want to delete and then click on the menu button on the bottom left and a window pops up and asks to Sync now or remove account. Choose remove account, it deletes it and the notification disappears, Yeah!!! Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones