• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how to get rid of the verizon thing that keeps popping up

soymilk

May 7, 2010
after getting the 2.2 ota, whenever i plug my phone in to my computer it will have the popup say there is software available to use, do you want to install it? and at the same time brings my web browser to a verizon website. i don't see any option for disabling this. is there something i'm missing?

I realize this is an old post, but I just tried this on my Droid X and no joy, it doesn't contain a menu item called Feature settings

Really?!?! You followed the instructions exactly? Dialed the numbers correctly? The way i understand it is this is a verizon thing, not specific to any phone, huh.

Feel free to start a thread in droid X section and ask about it. Someone over there might know the answer.....

Upvote 0
I realize this is an old post, but I just tried this on my Droid X and no joy, it doesn't contain a menu item called Feature settings

For the X:

1. On your computer, open Control Panel.
2. Go to Administrative Tools.
3. Select Services.
4. Right-click Moto Connect Service and select Properties.
5. Click Stop.
6. Change the Startup Type option to Disabled.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones