1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How to get rid of this Virus?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by dee990, Mar 23, 2016.

1. dee990

dee990 Lurker
    None

Mar 23, 2016
    Hi I have recently noticed that these two apps keep popping up randomly asking me to install/cancel them .

I believe these are a virus but I did not install them so I can't clear data/cache in the apps section. Also when I went to downloaded apps these did not appear.

The only third party app I downloaded was the mobdro which I rarely used. I cleared data and cache from this app and uninstalled ALL downloaded apps but these two screens keep popping up for me to install them?

I did a factory reset/wipe cache and still no luck ...I also changed my google play store password but this still pops up ....Im just frustrated because I cant see the app that is causing problems?

Any idea on how to fix this?

Would rooting the phone fix this ...I am not cellphone literate so I dont know what rooting the phone does or is but have heard about it.... My concern is that I can source where the malware is coming from.

My phone is a Oukitel U7 Pro

All replies will be appreciated

Posted via the Android Central App

Advertisement

#1 dee990, Mar 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2016
  2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    Hi Dee, it would be helpful for us to know exactly what two apps keep installing. If Mobdro was granted permission to install other apps (I'm not sure of its permissions), then that's likely the culprit.

3. dee990

dee990 Lurker
    None

Mar 23, 2016
    I apologise I thought I added them. The two are APUS and DU Battery Saver.

Even though I tried yesterday with 360 security I did a scan a few minutes ago and it said there was a fraudulent messaging service and a piece of malware which I removed. I did a further scan and it said all is ok

I have restarted the phone and downloading all
    My apps from the play store again it seems to be okay for now.

Do you think the 360 AV tool should of done the trick?

4. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    I'm not too sure about 360 AV, but battery savers are generally a waste of time and space. I use MalwareBytes AV, which is top-rated and catches more malware than anything else. If these mystery apps crop up again let us know.

BustaLime likes this.
  5. dee990

dee990 Lurker
    None

Mar 23, 2016
    Hi folks back again im afraid.

My phone has been working fine i believe i previously did a few reboots and wiped it then installed everything again and all was good.

I now have this popup appearing and it says uninstall blocked from unknown sources. At the top it says .com.android.syshandler.

I downloaded malwarwbytes and it found two malware both related to call log or call dial i believe?

The the one that says uninstall unsuccessful on malware is this in the picture?

6. dee990

dee990 Lurker
    None

Mar 23, 2016
    Please find attached image.

The android.syshander pop up is this related to an app?

I have unknown sources ticked off in settings and have ever only downloaded from the play store since.

Attached Files:

7. dee990

dee990 Lurker
    None

Mar 23, 2016
    It wont allow me to uninstall caller id i believe it is a built in app?

Does the com.android.syshandler popup related to this app?

8. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    Going by your screen capture that 'CallerIdSysH_20151109.apk' malware is going to be a difficult problem to remove. It's located in your phone's /system/app directory, a folder that's in the root level of the operating system's file structure. Removing something from the /system/app directory needs to be done by a utility with root privileges. Note that this particular malware located where it is won't be cleared out by doing a Factory Reset. That only wipes out the general user partition, the /system/app directory is located in a different, separate partition. If you want to get rid of it yourself you do need to root your phone. I can't even suggest any place to research rooting this model, I don't know much at all about Oukitel phones so hopefully someone will chime in this -- Rooting is an exacting process so it's important to research it thoroughly and carefully. If there's a dependable, reputable smartphone dealer/repair shop nearby you might be better off just taking it there.

http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/e66c3778