• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to get rid of unremovable android apps file

Calvert Wong

Jun 23, 2013
Hi,

I installed a game and I later uninstalled it because I don't like it. After that, I go to My Files and search for the gameAD folder and delete it. Then, I found out that there is a folder with the name of the uninstalled game and i went to delete it since i had uninstalled the game and it might be just an empty folder.

But, no matter how many times I delete it, it just stay there and the content are still there ( at first I thought it is an empty folder). Can anyone help me to get rid of this miserable folder?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Two thoughts:
1. The directory may be a symlink. If so, you'll need to find and delete the folder it is linked from and delete it.
2. The file/directory permissions may not allow you to delete it. If that is the case, change permissions (chmod) to 777 and then you'll be able to delete (your device will have to be rooted to do this step).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones