• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to get root the eay way

coming from a Linux world myself i thought it would be a lot easier than to get root on my android g1 as i got a terminal app from the market place so i can now run commands on my phone so i can get root in some way like i can in most Liunx desros sudo

You need to have the abililty to issue SU command at the terminal prompt ...

The Only way to have this is to root a phone with a rooting procedure that takes the phone's OS back to the point when that window was open and then work your way back up to a recent OS Build ... You can find several guides around ... I have one that I used and updated ... you will also find links in it for many other Builds and goodies like updated Recovery and fastboot systems ...

Upvote 0
why did google close this why stop us from using root

so i need to downgrade my phone and update it all my self when new updates come out form google by rebuilding the source code ?

also do you have information on this that is easy to fellow
You need to have the abililty to issue SU command at the terminal prompt ...

The Only way to have this is to root a phone with a rooting procedure that takes the phone's OS back to the point when that window was open and then work your way back up to a recent OS Build ... You can find several guides around ... I have one that I used and updated ... you will also find links in it for many other Builds and goodies like updated Recovery and fastboot systems ...

Upvote 0
why did google close this why stop us from using root

so i need to downgrade my phone and update it all my self when new updates come out form google by rebuilding the source code ?

also do you have information on this that is easy to fellow

If you look in my signature below you will see links for Rooting and UnRooting ...

Read through them and see if they are for you ...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones