• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to get Sprint/HTC to fix Hero issues

OK well i have worked for sprint for the better part of this millennium
so i will give y'all all of my insider tips and tricks
i am pretty hyper at the moment (red bull cola #3 in the past 2 hours) so this will be a bit unorganized.

#1 Light up Htc's twitter @HTC with 40,000 followers HTC will be motivated to save face in front of thousand's of (potential) customers.
If everyone who has issues with the phones tweets about them we will push ourselves in to the face of the public and thus cannot be ignored...
#2 call sprint... When you get a customer service rep (likely in ASIA) ask to speak to ATS (advanced tech support) if the rep asks why say you were on a call with them earlier and were supposed to call back... when you get to advanced tech support ask that the rep file an escalated trouble ticket regarding your issues... if EVERYONE who has issues report them in the manner the big wigs at Sprint will lean on HTC for fixes. if you get no where mention switching to Carrier X (t-mobile really puts a fire under sprints ass)
and ask to cancel your service
you will be x-ferred to Account services (retention/cancellation Dept)
tell the rep of your issues when asked and mention how much of an
inconvenience this issue is and how much it has impacted you.
request an escalated service ticket and explain the issues and have them reported ( optionally request a monetary compensation depending on if you feel like pushing the issue (i got $50 knocked off my Hero in this manner)
3. Contact HTC directly
HTC America
13920 SE Eastgate Way, Suite 400
Bellevue, Washington 98005
Tel: 425-679-5318
Let them know about your issues
Seriously FlOOD THEM

Will post more info as i collect and find it

I'm guessing there are a lot of people in the Sprint forums that would be interested in participating. Is there a way we could provide this information to them without getting you (or anyone else) in trouble?

Yeah feel free to link this post
Im not worried about getting in trouble in the slightest
I no longer work for sprint I actually have a verizon interview coming up

Upvote 0
Also you can on SPRINT.com there is a Community Forum as well. For android and other device and it was made for customer to give feedback and also opinions. Sprint & HTC read those forums.

Very good point... I suppose ill open up IE *shudder* and go troll up the sprint boards (in a constructive helpful polite manner mind you...)
and call Sprint tomorrow
I've decided I'm gonna go ahead and jump to the moment on the first.
and until then try and solve the horrendous bugs this phone has been released with.
I will be citing HTC'S Lack of support and inability to recognize the severity of this issue at least in the public light. I share all of your frustration and will have you know I gave up my sprint employee plan $20 a month 3000 Min N&W Free after 5 Unl Text and data Plan. All because this phone required an unlimited talk data plan of the new plan variety. I cannot revert plans now. and word is the moment won't have the same plan restrictions for whatever reason.
gah Must Rant

http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc...-off-some-steam-strong-language-advisory.html

Upvote 0
I share all of your frustration and will have you know I gave up my sprint employee plan $20 a month 3000 Min N&W Free after 5 Unl Text and data Plan. All because this phone required an unlimited talk data plan of the new plan variety. I cannot revert plans now. and word is the moment won't have the same plan restrictions for whatever reason.

That is exactly the reason I didn't upgrade my $30/500 SERO unlimited data/text plan. I opened a new line because worst case, I would just TOL the old plan to someone interested once I was satisfied with the Everything Data - with Any Mobile Anytime plan. I've been fairly active on the Sprint forums on this particular issue and am becoming quite convinced that the only option we have is to return the phone and wait for the fix or the next android device launched. I don't want my 30 day window to expire while waiting for HTC to resolve the bug.

Upvote 0
That is exactly the reason I didn't upgrade my $30/500 SERO unlimited data/text plan. I opened a new line because worst case, I would just TOL the old plan to someone interested once I was satisfied with the Everything Data - with Any Mobile Anytime plan. I've been fairly active on the Sprint forums on this particular issue and am becoming quite convinced that the only option we have is to return the phone and wait for the fix or the next android device launched. I don't want my 30 day window to expire while waiting for HTC to resolve the bug.

Wow I am bent Sprint has told me if I Switch to the Moment and the moment sucks I'm stuck with it. I Cannot order another hero. Despite the one I have being First gen and needing to be swapped out anyway (in my dusty screened opinion)
So I told them I will Just add A third line with the Moment and return it regard either to swap my other two Hero's for moment's ... Why does sprint try and discourage me from exploring my options? Maybe it was just a dumb rep supervisor combo I will try Again tomorrow...
Fairly pissed off by this.

In other news HTC released this today on twitter htc " The rumors are true! Hero will be getting an Eclair update. We
ask for your patience as we update Sense for the fancy new Android OS."

So it looks like they are responding to people tweeting to them. I assume the Hero Eclair release will contain a lot of fixes from HTC and makes me wish the HERO Exchange thingy would fix my issues

Upvote 0
In other news HTC released this today on twitter htc " The rumors are true! Hero will be getting an Eclair update. We
ask for your patience as we update Sense for the fancy new Android OS."

So it looks like they are responding to people tweeting to them. I assume the Hero Eclair release will contain a lot of fixes from HTC and makes me wish the HERO Exchange thingy would fix my issues

So you don't think this was part of a multi-billion dollar company's plan from the beginning...hmmm...it must be because we "tweeted" to them.

No offense here, but it seems to me this whole thing is poor form. I'm not advocating a person does nothing, but flooding Sprint with escalated calls into care in an effort to force an already pending update or get money, hardly seems an efficient solution. If you simply would have waited a few weeks you'd know of the issues involved with the Hero and not have lost so much of your time, or a SERO plan in an effort to force them to fix, what are at the moment, un-fixable issues? Seems a bit backwards to me, but hey, just my opinion.

Upvote 0
So you don't think this was part of a multi-billion dollar company's plan from the beginning...hmmm...it must be because we "tweeted" to them.

No offense here, but it seems to me this whole thing is poor form. I'm not advocating a person does nothing, but flooding Sprint with escalated calls into care in an effort to force an already pending update or get money, hardly seems an efficient solution. If you simply would have waited a few weeks you'd know of the issues involved with the Hero and not have lost so much of your time, or a SERO plan in an effort to force them to fix, what are at the moment, un-fixable issues? Seems a bit backwards to me, but hey, just my opinion.

Your likely right. Wasn;t a SERO plan It was a 3rd party RS EMP plan

Upvote 0
Your likely right. Wasn;t a SERO plan It was a 3rd party RS EMP plan

aahhh, doh!

Well, I can tell you that the Moment is a nice device. I have played with one and personally prefer vanilla Android. I have Sense disabled on my Hero. Love the processor in the Moment too.

Good luck with getting things worked out, I have always found Sprint (at least of late) to do as much as they can, while still running a business with the goal of making money, to help it's customers.

Upvote 0
aahhh, doh!

Well, I can tell you that the Moment is a nice device. I have played with one and personally prefer vanilla Android. I have Sense disabled on my Hero. Love the processor in the Moment too.

Good luck with getting things worked out, I have always found Sprint (at least of late) to do as much as they can, while still running a business with the goal of making money, to help it's customers.

Ive been getting a slew of lazy reps lately IDK what it is. I Wish they would just play ball... Ill let ya know how it goes.

Upvote 0
I have to say that I too agree that Sprint does a good job of trying to help customers be happy. I also agree that once you get to the point where you tell them you are going to switch carriers, they really do try to keep you around. I got a couple upgrades from them for fair deals earlier than I should. I was serious though about switching and had some valid arguments. I was willing to pay for two upgraded phones and a higher plan and simply wanted to be able to do it early. After 7 years with them they agreed and made it possible. Also recently went into local store and got some help with stuff and have been perfectly happy. AT&T however will never get a dime of my money except the $14.00 I have to give them to have a local phone line. They are the worlds WORST for customer service. So do as you want on this type of thing but I have found that sincerity and simple courtesy goes a LONG way with their customer service.

Upvote 0
The main problem I have with Sprint is that they never seem to know what if any issues exist on a specific device (see pic). It's all over the BAW Community that there is a problem with the Message App, and the bug with the headset not playing music in stereo. I'm sure there are other bugs that we haven't discovered yet.

At least HTC has admitted to the Message App bug (see pic). HTC then followed up and stated "I do know however that it has been created by us and that we have sent it to Sprint for approval". So I then email Sprint to find out what the ETA is on the "fix" from HTC, and what is the response?

"There is no known issue with the HTC Hero phone". Now is this just poor training, or do these reps have NO IDEA about anything that goes on with their company?

A while back I got burned with the Mogul, which is why I stay away from WM devices. No one takes responsibility anymore. HTC made the Mogul. The OS was provided by Microsoft, Sprint is the carrier. So when something goes wrong, where do you start? Everyone points the blame to the next guy and so on.

HTC needs to man up along with Sprint and get this patch out for the Messaging App ASAP. The device has been out for almost a month now and having to install a third party app to solve a battery issue is not acceptable.

Mail.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones