• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to get the aaa password off a optimus v

All members that are rooted need to watch the video. Everything is explained in the video.
I bricked my first V so bad I had to flash an S firmware to straighten it out. I had to use a .bin which zero's out the MEID, ESN, AAA.
This could happen to anybody.
assadulah's video explains how to see your AAA code, which then needs to be wrote down and saved in case of a bad brick like mine.

I will never be able to have data on the now unbricked V, unless I beg Virgin Mobile to reprogram my phone, because I never wrote down my AAA code. When they got zero'd out I couldn't write them back to the phone, because I didn't know them.

Again, all members that root should now do two very important things.
1. Install a custom recovery and make a backup.
2. Watch this video and write down your AAA code.

Reactions: tli
Upvote 0
I know, that's why I don't want any other members to be in the same boat as us.
We need to get this in the All Things Root Guide sticky, and retrain our minds to make sure we directed members to it when rooting and installing a custom recovery.
Very, very, important stuff for sure.

AndyOpie150, you can still use the phone for wifi and calling and text, just no data.

Upvote 0
Exactly. Wouldn't have heard/read anything about it if I hadn't asked an unrelated question wherein you referred me to this video.
That's the thing Andy. When I followed the other guide, no one said anything in it about AAA codes, keys, whatever they are. Tons of us followed that guide and now have a phone we cannot use unless VM reprograms it.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, I'll get this stickied for you as soon as I get to my PC.

PS... I just happen to come across this by accident... if anyone ever feels like anything needs to be stickied in the future, you can always PM any of us guides or mods... or hit the report button and request a sticky...and lastly there is a "private chat with staff section" http://androidforums.com/private-chat-staff/ :)

Upvote 0
I don't have a computer but if i go to a friend and ask them to do this for me ,do they need to put any type of program on there computer to be able to do this for me.

Sorry i know nothing about computers.

TIA

Install the drivers from lg and reboot your phone. Then install everything in the description. Then just follow the video. You shouldn't need a friend to help you. I didn't touch a computer till 2009.

Reactions: badblue1
Upvote 0
No you misunderstand what I'm saying you do need a computer. I'm saying you don't need your friends help you can do this yourself and should. It's basically laid out so you can just follow the video.

Unless his friend is like me. I don't allow anyone on my computer, much less allow em to even sit in my chair lol.

Desk = Sacred Space :p

Upvote 0
Originally Posted by asadullah
No you misunderstand what I'm saying you do need a computer. I'm saying you don't need your friends help you can do this yourself and should. It's basically laid out so you can just follow the video.

Unless his friend is like me. I don't allow anyone on my computer, much less allow em to even sit in my chair lol.

Desk = Sacred Space :p
I think he ment he dosnt have a computer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones