1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to get Unified Remote (full version) on a deactivated Droid?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by monkeymynd, May 22, 2011.

1. monkeymynd

monkeymynd Newbie

I upgraded from my OG Droid to an HTC Thunderbolt. I'd like to use my Droid via WiFi as a remote for my computer w/ XBMC. The XMBC remote is working great. I sideloaded the free version of Unified Remote, but never got a chance to check it out, and now it says it's past the trial period. I have no problem buying the program, but how would this work on a deactivated phone?

I didn't see a link on their site to pay outside of the market and download the .apk.

Any suggestions? I'm just looking for something to use to control the mouse and keyboard from my media center via my deactivated Droid.

TIA.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. UncleMike

UncleMike Android Expert

As long as you have a Google account configured on your device, you should be able to go to the Market and install whatever you like via your WiFi connection - activated or not. Is this not working?

3. monkeymynd

monkeymynd Newbie

When I went to 'Accounts' to see if my Google account was still there, I noticed it wasn't. When I hit 'Add Account' I only get 'Corporate' and 'Facebook' as options. Nothing for Google. Also noticed my GMail icon is no longer in the app drawer. Figured I might be able to add the account from there, but no luck.

I have CM7 loaded on the Droid. Worked fine when the phone was activated, but don't know if this has anything to do with it. Figured I'd mention it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

[Edit] Forgot to mention that when I attempt to open the market the screen just flashes and it never opens. Almost like it's opening and closing immediately.