1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How to get unwanted pictures off LG Optimus V?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by erwink, Jul 17, 2011.

1. erwink

erwink Lurker
    None

Jul 17, 2011
    So, somehow, there are a BUNCH of blog pictures in my gallery--like stuff that somehow was downloaded from my blog to my phone - only I didn't do it.....and I cannot get them out of my gallery. I don't have the option to delete them....when I move all pictures from phone to my PC, the pictures I have taken with the phone move, but these mystery ones stay there. Any ideas on how I can get them cleared off of there?

Also, in a slightly related question, I notice that when I transfer my pictures to my PC....often there are pictures there from my woot app....but they don't show in the gallery? Does anyone know why that might be happening?

Thanks in advance for your help!:)

Advertisement

2. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    Connect phone to pc, do a search for .jpg and .gif, and delete any you dont want. They are just cached pictures.

Sounds like you are copying ALL jpg's from the phone. Go to the DCIM folder, that's where all your camera pictures are at. Just copy only those in that folder.

3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
  4. AmishFury

AmishFury Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 20, 2011
    use quickpic instead of stock gallery

quickpic lets you exclude and hide folders from the gallery plus it's much MUCH faster... the only things stock gallery has over quickpic are the fancy GUI and you can view your picasa albums

alternately you could create .nomedia files in those folders or use gallery excluder if you prefer the stock gallery

5. telepheedian

telepheedian Newbie
    None

May 20, 2010
    The pictures aren't actually on your phone, they're in a Picasa album, those automatically show up in the stock Gallery app from Google. You don't need to worry about the storage space they take up, as they are only cached/shown when you open the album.

6. sundance2011

sundance2011 Member
    None

Nov 20, 2011
    How much storage does the phone have. I have this problem and after installing maybe 10 apps I am getting a storage full indication. It seems in my case the pictures are taking up space.

7. tcat007

tcat007 Android Expert
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Texas
    Download an app like app Cache Cleaner, and wipe cache. Lots of that could be browser cache. 10 apps shouldn't fill memory. Make sure you have all the ones that will move to SD moved. (Root and you can have 150 apps with 100 mb left). I had at least 90 apps with 40mb free before I rooted.

8. Ted B

Ted B Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2012
    Here is what I did, as a last resort, to get rid of my unwanted pictures. This may cause you to lose all pictures. Go to Settings, Applications, Manage Applications. On that screen, choose All from the menu at the top to see all of your applications. Scroll down and select Gallery. Press Clear Data and Force Stop.

Tags: