1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support how to get voice-activated music?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Special K, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Special K

Special K Member
    None

Oct 11, 2010
    I have a captivate with the stock 2.2 Froyo and a Motorola H17txt BT headset with A2DP. Is it possible to have my phone respond to voice commands to play music? For example, I say "play <artist name>" or "play <song name>" and it does. I've tried Vlingo but for some reason it isn't recognizing any of the music commands I have given it. I know it is recognizing my words correctly because it takes me to a google search with the words I spoke entered into the text box.

Basically I want to have my phone mounted in my car dash, a line out cable going to the AUX in of my receiver, and me controlling the whole thing via voice commands (BT would be ideal, but I suppose speaking into the phone would work too).

Is this at all possible using any apps currently available?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Southerngal

Southerngal Newbie
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    Alabama
    Settings> search> searchable items. Check music. If you have Pandora or a similar app u can speak "listen to _" and it'll find it. There is a video if you click speak then help. I couldn't get any of the music in my library to come up. It might be possible, maybe a search phone app?

3. Special K

Special K Member
    None

Oct 11, 2010
    I did some more searching apparently there is an app called "Choice Dialer" that allows you to play music through voice commands. I'll have to give it a try tonight.

I also confirmed what Southerngal said: Google Voice commands do not currently support seaching the music library on your phone; they only work with Pandora and last.fm. Supposedly the next version will work with your music library.

UPDATE: I just received a reply from Vlingo tech support and apparently it doesn't currently support playing songs by artist/title voice commands either.

4. Southerngal

Southerngal Newbie
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    Alabama
    Almost hands free, in the marketplace. It's a free app.