• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to get your 4g back. (without doing factory resets or phone trades)

I have removed them and restarted phone, I do not know how to freeze the apps, they were battery app and juice plotter, still no 4G

Ok. Now that is quite weird. You SHOULD be able get 4g. Make sure you have data enabled and keep the connection home (Metro PC's only). Also make you still have service or call metropcs to reset the signal. Also try updating the prl, if you have the latest don't worry, redo it again...

Let me know.

Reactions: DreadHead247
Upvote 0
is there way you can upgrade your phone from 3g to 4g???

Why do you mean? Your esteem should be constant 4g. Are you talking about another phone.

it worked Thanks, now how about over clocking my Esteem.

in all root things sub forum you will find the guide on how to overclock. Look for plague kernel.

Upvote 0
Do you have a thread there about plague kernel?

first of all you need to install CWR which gives you the option to perform backups/Recovery, lets you flash roms, mods, kernel, and many things. this is a very essential recovery for your phone. so follow the instruction and flash it to your phone. Please follow the instruction through-fully;

http://androidforums.com/esteem-all-things-root/470485-cwm-root-rzr-root-recovery-aio.html

after that, you can do whatever you want with your phone. but since you want to flash Kernels to overclock the phone, take a look at this.;

http://androidforums.com/esteem-all...overclock-kernel-lg-esteem-ms910-updated.html

ALSO, if you wish to to install Roms and stuff, you just follow the same procedures by flashing them through cwr. You can find Upcomming and new ROMs for esteem at "all things root" forum.(they are most likely sticked)

Esteem - All Things Root - Android Forums

Upvote 0
dammm looks like im not covered... i jus flashed the ldk ick 1.3 then did this method and im still only getting the 1x... im in massachussettes and the map showed coverage for here but for some reason im just not getting it...[/QUOTE

try updating ur (PRL) *228
How do i do that? Just dial *228? Lol

Basically i bought this phone used it has the sim chip thing that came with it but i never activated it till now. So i personally never witnessed 4g working but im somewhat positive the guy didnt sell me a bad phone.. i think it jus something i need to do. I hope lol

Upvote 0
How do i do that? Just dial *228? Lol

Basically i bought this phone used it has the sim chip thing that came with it but i never activated it till now. So i personally never witnessed 4g working but im somewhat positive the guy didnt sell me a bad phone.. i think it jus something i need to do. I hope lol

I see. Well then dial *228 and select option 5 which is to update to the latest preferred roaming list. You could also go ahead and activate it or go to metropcs store.

Ask them is I'd they are doing some maintenance !

Upvote 0
Yeah, try that first (airplane mode toggle on and off) -- then this other method if the airplane mode doesn't work. For me, airplane mode toggle straightens out problems when I get the "gray bars" 4G.
nope lol still only getting 1x... :( will have to try updating to zvc, does anyone know where to find the link to update guide/method?

Upvote 0
nope lol still only getting 1x... :( will have to try updating to zvc, does anyone know where to find the link to update guide/method?

Well you could update it with the LG software that you install on your PC. First make sure you have the drivers installed and then install the lg mobile updater on your PC found at lg

Or here is the link

http://androidforums.com/lg-esteem/468676-how-upgrade-your-lg-esteem-ms910zvb-ms910zvc.html

Upvote 0
Well you could update it with the LG software that you install on your PC. First make sure you have the drivers installed and then install the lg mobile updater on your PC found at lg

Or here is the link

http://androidforums.com/lg-esteem/468676-how-upgrade-your-lg-esteem-ms910zvb-ms910zvc.html
yeah i found it, did it, still no 4g lol thanks tho... i think i will just go to metro and lie a little see if they can help me out :( tried everything you guys reccomended but still no luck

Upvote 0
As i looked into various threads i See many people struggling with their 4G recently. So i'm here to show you a way to get it back..;

OK. This will work as same thing has happend to me. Dont panic !There is a way for you to get your 4g back.

This method is to fix and reset 4g in general , so it should work;

First of all, download an app called "any cut" free from market. Then after it downloads and installs, go home screen and create a shortcut >then select > activities > and then select the "any cut" app. After that it'll send you to the app and from there you have to press on "activities" option and Scroll down until you see "LTE configuration" (its mostly the first one that starts with LTE). Then as you select that it will have created a shortcut action on the home screen. You then go to home screen and look for the shortcut you have created, it'll be called *lte configuration*. Open it and then press on setting initialization. Now, it will reset your lte settings and the phone will reboot. After that you should be able to be running 4g nice and clean...

Hope it helps ...
For me there Is no lte configuration app I have lost my 4g and I live in a 4g zone due to that I live in Iowa and I have us cellular

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones