1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root How to go back to factory settings?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ahimoth, Aug 7, 2011.

1. ahimoth

ahimoth Newbie
    None

Jun 11, 2011
    I currently have the orange theme for apex on my x and want to revert back to factory defaults... I am not having any luck using the built in restore does nothing and rsd lite is not showing my device to sbf back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisement

2. rnh

rnh Guest
    None
    Do you know or have you ever sbf'd? Do you know to hold in the camera, volume down and power buttons at the same time to go into SBC mode? Go to YouTube where there are several excellent videos and watch them a few times. Make sure you have rsd lite 4.9 installed.

3. ahimoth

ahimoth Newbie
    None

Jun 11, 2011
    Yes to all of your questions. This seems more of a quirk type thing not working properly... and it seems to have been a fault connection to my computer. Here's hoping.

4. Greavous

Greavous Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 3, 2010
    Male
    Leather Wheel re-Skinner
    New Braunfels, Texas
    have you ever been able to SBF? Have you loaded the drivers for your phone? Here is a link to a good how-to SBF, read through it and follow along. Some folks, including me, have had issues with a particular PC not playing well with RDS lite. If possible try loading it on a different machine. OR... burn the linux image to a CD and boot up your machine from the CD and get it done. I havent used the CD yet but I have heard it is super simple and works every time.

EDIT
    http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...ootable-linux-cd-soley-sbf-headache-free.html is a link to more info on the CD and a place to DL the image

5. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja
    None

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
    i use a usb drive for the linux method, i must say you dont need drivers for it to work, mainly because Android is Linux
    so it never requires drivers for much of anything :)