• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to go back to stock (or restore your backflip)

Status
Not open for further replies.

james27007

Look into my Eye
Mar 6, 2010
Riverside, CA
As always this forum/website the people that put this together and myself are not responsible if you mess up your phone.

Anyways... I fould the following in another backflip forum and wanted to share it here just in case...

Originally posted by Dorian
http://www.attdroids.com/forum/moto...ing-your-backflip-back-oem-nand-re-flash.html

Old method below

Restoring your Backflip back to OEM (NAND re-flash)
So some people, me included, had some issues with the first time through the rooting process. Some, like me, have had radio issues come up. Some have said they deleted one too many of the stock Moto apps, or have removed parts of Blur that now makes the device unusable... So here are the instructions on how to go back to stock, or just like you first took it out of the box.

**Please note (!) this will delete all user data stored on the internal NAND memory, but will leave your SD untouched. So whatever you feel you might need to back up, do it if you can before performing this.

Also, neither me nor the attdroid forums can be held responsible for any loss of personal data, or if your cat decides to chew on your USB cable while flashing.
  1. Install your USB Drivers (if you haven't already)
  2. Install RSD Lite
  3. Turn off your backflip
  4. Plug the USB cable into the phone and computer
  5. Open the keyboard and press J+D+Power simultaneously and let up when you see the blue recovery screen with the black moto batwings. In the bottom left corner of the screen it will say in white letters "USB init mode"
  6. Now when the phone boots to the recovery screen, Windows will begin installing a driver for the MSM720x flash recovery mode.
  7. After the driver has successfully installed, open RSD Lite
  8. Upon opening RSD Lite, you should notice ONE connected device in the table below. If not, post what you did exactly and we can help
    smile.gif
  9. Now that the device is showing in RSD Lite, click the "..." browse button to point to the Android 1.5 Blur 13.37 image you downloaded earlier
  10. Once that's selected, press start to start flashing your phone.... DO NOT UNPLUG UNTIL IT'S FINISHED.
  11. Once finished, it will reboot itself and you should be presented with the Android Setup after a minute or two.
Now, you've wiped the slate clean.
smile.gif
Now you can try to root a basically untouched device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones