1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General how to go from DINC to DINC2?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sf_indie, Jul 15, 2011.

1. sf_indie

sf_indie Lurker
    None

May 3, 2010
    this may seem like a dumb question but what do i have to do to when i upgrade to a new phone? i quickly looked through the forum and didn't see any posts relating to this.

i have a DINC and i want to upgrade to a DINC2. i have moved all my apps to my SD card. when i get my DINC2, will i have to go to the market and download all my apps again? or will it just recognize the apps are on my SD card and all will be seamless?

thanks,

--chris

Advertisement

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    The best(most error free) way is to manually reinstall all your apps onto the phone from the market. You can use an app like "app brain" to sync your apps with the "cloud". But you should be fine just with having the apps on your sd card. I wouldn't manually reinstall anything unless you have to. app brain will be a good backup plan.
    Also, all apps that you have paid for(from the android market) will always be available for redownload for free under the "my apps" section of the market.

the inc 2 also comes with android 2.3 so when you first set it up, it will prompt you to enable google's backup service(for apps/data). Which will automatically restore your apps upon a factory reset.

3. golfbiz

golfbiz Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 8, 2010
    Titanium backup is awesome but you need to be rooted...

4. euph_22

euph_22 Android Expert
    None

Feb 24, 2010
    Grad Student (Applied/Computational Math)
    Milwaukee, WI
    Be very careful with Ti backup. You can seriously mess up your phone if you bring over system settings from one phone to another, and to a lesser extent the same is true for applications. I only batch update the apps themselves, and then backup app data for a few select apps (angry birds). You probably would be safe backing up all app data, but if you run into trouble you might have to hunt done the offending app.

5. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    I agree with this, but I think Titanium has options for restoring just the apps and not the system data. I'll re-iterate what you said about bringing system settings from one phone to another. You can seriously jack things up. I don't see any issues restoring app data from one phone to another one. I backed up all my apps on my phone and successfully restored them on my tablet without any problems at all. System Data will cause serious issues though.

6. ArmchairBear

ArmchairBear Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 28, 2010
    I agree, Titanium backup is the only way to restore all your apps and data (AFAIK). Data like games saves. Luckily, the Inc2 in now rooted. But there really should be a way to transport the app data to new phone without root.