1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

How to go from first leak to second without sbf?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Vmanisme, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Vmanisme

Vmanisme Android Enthusiast

Title pretty much describes it, i get the basic idea of how to do it but double checking wont hurt =)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Metfanant

Metfanant Android Expert

can't AFAIK

3. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

which second leak? rooted, non-rooted, rooted and deodexed, etc.?

4. Vmanisme

Which ever one is possible

5. tom108

tom108 Android Expert

you need to be on .340 froyo to install any of the GB releases. However if you do a backup of your current GB you can SBF to .340 then install the newest leak, after the first reboot reboot to CWR and do an advanced restore of data only from your GB backup. I have SBfing down to a science these days. It only takes about 10 minutes to sbf.

jroc likes this.
  6. Metfanant

Metfanant Android Expert

like Tom said, you just can't...once your on GB you can install the deodexed version...but that is it...

7. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

assuming you have a good nandroid of the stock Froyo, use CWR or Bootstrapper to go back to Froyo, then go to GB per instructions

8. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Android Expert

DO NOT DO THIS
    you can not go from the leaked GB back to froyo by using a nandroid

trophynuts likes this.
  9. Metfanant

Metfanant Android Expert

from what i understand if he is on the first GB leak, you have to SBF back to Froyo...using a backup won't work...

10. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

There is no way to get to the new GB without going back to FroYo via SBF.

The hundred people who have tried to do it and posted here saying, "I'm bricked because I tried using maderstock, how do I fix it?" or "I'm bootlooping because I restored an old nandroid, how do I fix it?" or "I tried installing the GB leak over the old GB and now I'm bricked, what do I do?" will attest to this fact.

In order to get to the new Gingerbread, you must go back to FroYo via SBF. Period. There's a reason those were the instructions, and it ain't because TBH likes making things difficult. If there were an easy way to upgrade without SBF, those instructions would have been posted.

jroc, trophynuts and ECFfighter7232 like this.
  11. tom108

tom108 Android Expert

Correct! You cannot do this. The only way to get back to Froyo safely from GB is the SBF. Besides it is good practice for anytime that you really need to do it.

12. MiamiFin33

MiamiFin33 Newbie

Is it at all possible for someone to put together a youtube video on how to go from rooted GB to the .588 new rooted deodoxed GB? Id greatly appreciate that.

13. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

OP simply put as you've seen is.

It is not possible to go from the first leak to the second without SBF'ing. so there is your answer.

i recommend a Mod close this thread now.

14. MiamiFin33

MiamiFin33 Newbie

Why would the thread need to be closed? Its now a resource for someone with the same question in the future.

15. trophynuts

as in closed for additional comments. Not closed as in deleted. The op's question was answered. Its a cut and dry issue that was answered. No reason to risk people putting bad information in and possibly confusing people.

16. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

While the issue may currently be cut and dry, there could always be new developments/future information/questions.

17. trophynuts

18. Vmanisme

I agree with him, thanks a lot for answering the question, im closing this topic.

trophynuts likes this.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews