• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to hard reset?

fmylife

Lurker
Aug 2, 2010
So... I can't access my home screen due to a theming screw-up. I'd like to just restore the phone to its factory settings by hard reseting (as I have no access to my phone). All of the information on the internet tells me to hold the Volume Down button while pressing (& releasing) the Power button. Through my many attempts, I've deduced this just doesn't work. It just powers up as usual.

Any ideas?

This procedure worked for me when I had to do a hard reset . . . hope this helps.

HARD REBOOT - ALL APPLICATIONS & TEXT MESSAGES WILL BE DELETED!
Turn phone completely off. Press & hold the following 3 buttons at same time:

volume down - - - green phone - - - red phone - - - - all at same time - hold until you see a reboot option. Scroll down & select "wipe data factory reset".

Code 588091

To confirm press volume UP. Once it says complete it will take you back to screen - select "reboot"

To confirm press volume DOWN. It will restart - then go to gmail, sign in and everything will be there.

Reactions: roedhunt
Upvote 0
Ok, here is the correct way to HARD RESET SAMSUNG INTERCEPT...noobs... =)

HOLD VOLUME DOWN + CALL + POWER BUTTON
Then you'll see all the prompts...hope this helps!

Your previous instructions were for resetting SAMSUNG MOMENT....

Not really a noob here and I cant get these instructions to work at all!!!

I have 2 of them and none of the instructions work!

edit: I dont understand how but that finally worked on both, after numerous attempts.

Upvote 0
This procedure worked for me when I had to do a hard reset . . . hope this helps.

HARD REBOOT - ALL APPLICATIONS & TEXT MESSAGES WILL BE DELETED!
Turn phone completely off. Press & hold the following 3 buttons at same time:

volume down - - - green phone - - - red phone - - - - all at same time - hold until you see a reboot option. Scroll down & select "wipe data factory reset".

Code 588091

To confirm press volume UP. Once it says complete it will take you back to screen - select "reboot"

To confirm press volume DOWN. It will restart - then go to gmail, sign in and everything will be there.
that "Code" you posted is your MSL (master subsidy lock) and you probably shouldn't publish that online, becuase with that someone could clone your phone. Also, that code is of no use to anyone, except for you as it is unique to your device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones