1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support How to hide icons?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by V.Lee, Jul 24, 2011.

1. V.Lee

V.Lee Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Samsung Epic 2.2.1. I'm still pretty new to smart phones, so haven't done a lot of tinkering. The phone is not rooted (not brave enough yet!). I am using Go Launcher.

I'm tired of looking at icons that I'm not going to use, and tired of having to maneuver around them. I understand that for some of the Sprint loaded apps, I cannot delete them without rooting... I just don't want to *see* them.

I picked up Go Launcher because I thought I'd read that I could put apps in a drawer (which I assumed meant to hide), but for the life of me I haven't figured out how to do that. Actually I suspect I'm missing out on a lot of its features because it isn't well documented, and isn't intuitive to this new user.

So bottom line: is it possible to hide/disappear particular icons on this or another launcher? And if so how.., in baby steps, please :eek:.

Advertisement

2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 1, 2009
    UK
    The app drawer is just the name of your entire apps list.

But, I do know Launcher Plus has the ability to hide apps in the app drawer. There's a possibility that this is a paid only feature, but I can't test it to find out as I have the paid version.

V.Lee likes this.
  3. V.Lee

V.Lee Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Thanks. Note to self: learn nomenclature. Guess I figured that since I jam stuff into a drawer at home to hide it, that should work on my phone too :D.

4. V.Lee

V.Lee Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Aha. I found a feature on the Go Launcher menu to hide icons. Duh :)

5. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 1, 2009
    UK
    I thought it probably have the option but I wasn't sure. Glad you got it sorted :)