1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to hide Screenshot folder in Gallery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CVanScythe, May 22, 2019.

1. CVanScythe

CVanScythe Lurker

I have a .nomedia file in the folder. Any file in the folder previous to adding it is hidden, but new screenshots are visible in the gallery. I can make these files hidden by renaming them, but would like to skip this procedure entirely. Hiding the folder does no good, as any new screenshots are added to a new folder which is visible. How can I make it so that any new screenshots that are taken are hidden in the gallery, just like the older/renamed files?

I would prefer to do this without using any apps (other than a file explorer), if possible.

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

sorry but i don't think there is any simple way to do it.....at least not that i know of.

3. JAy3001

JAy3001 Android Expert

There is an issue with the S8 and how it works with the .nomedia flag. As you have found out it works inconsistently, myself and Unforgiven have spent way too long trying to find a fix. There is none sadly, it's a fault with the phones software.

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. harrys56

harrys56 Newbie

I don't think you will get any solution without an app. You have to download some app from the app store for this problem.

Samsung Galaxy S8 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S8 release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.8" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews