1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

how to i get back to stock

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alamony34, Oct 14, 2014.

1. alamony34

alamony34 Newbie

I have the zara cl virgin mobile version . I unlocked boot loader with HTCdev rooted and flashed insert coin. I had nandroid backup but stored it on my pc and then my computer crashed. I have 2.22 hboot and is is 2.15.6 xx.3 (in on my phone now) if somebody has any ideas or a flashable twrp backup please help

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

3. alamony34

alamony34 Newbie

I found a zara cl backup but not sure how to put it in twrp folder. Not sure but I don't think I can use a ruu because I'm s on

4. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Well, the twrp folder structure looks like this on sdcard:

TWRP/BACKUPS/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/folder_containing_the_backup

The x's represent your device's serial number (you can get that by running fastboot devices). Then within that folder you have separate folders for each backup. So essentially, you just need access to your storage and you can paste the backup folder in the appropriate location.

The easiest way to setup the file structure is to simply make a backup yourself via twrp. Then you can paste the other backup in the directory named as your serial number.

Also, you do not have to be s-off to use RUU files. They are officially signed by HTC and thus are okay. The only way they will not pass a security check is if you are trying to downgrade anything (bootloader, mainversion, radio, etc.). So you have to use one that's ≥ to your current build.

alamony34 likes this.
  5. alamony34

alamony34 Newbie

I don't think there is a ruu for my build. I could be wrong. I also downloaded the ota but I don't know if I can use that either. I'm at work right now so I have no access to a computer
    So do I just unzip the backup and paste under serial

6. alamony34

alamony34 Newbie

thanks a million brian. im back to stock! now i just need to do a little restoration.

Brian706 likes this.
  7. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Awesome!! Did you use the twrp backup??

8. alamony34

alamony34 Newbie

yeah zaracl4.4.2 backup. now i am trying to figure out how to get rid of the virgin mobile boot animation.

9. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

I don't have this device, and without playing with it, I'm not sure where that's stored. Wish I could help you out there. :)

10. alamony34

alamony34 Newbie

will i still get ota updates with unsecure boot.img and unlocked bootloader?

11. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Okay look at this:

source

12. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Honestly, I'm not sure. I would imagine it would be ok. Unlocked bootloader shouldn't matter, but when the system files get altered, you run into problems. Basically, if you are completely stock you should be okay for an ota. If you've removed stock apps and stuff it will usually be a bad idea.

13. alamony34

alamony34 Newbie

Thanks do I just delete from root explorer? Can I flash a different one?

14. alamony34

alamony34 Newbie

Ok thanks for the info I wish I would have joined this forum sooner

15. alamony34

alamony34 Newbie

Hey Brian what if any are the advantages of unsecured boot

HTC Desire 601 Forum

The HTC Desire 601 release date was October 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2100mAh battery.

October 2013
Release Date
Reviews