• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to I put back to "stock"

SigNu747

Jul 16, 2012
Got my prime off Craigslist a lil while back, made sure all of its known issues were not effecting this particular tab and so far has held up (aside from wifi range). Dude had previously unlocked, rooted, and installed AOKP.

Now my cable TV provider just released its app for ICS allowing viewing live TV and accessing DVR from thus app. Problem is it is not supported on rooted devices.
I want this, definitely more so than a few extra custom icons (which is only thing extra I can see at least).

Is this task really as simple as installing Asus disc on my computer and plugging in tab and restoring to factory defaults? I am not a root expert by any means, more like a naive connoisseur, but in my browsing I have read on multiple occasions that if software isn't handled properly when unlocking and rooting it could lead to a brick device. Definitely not an option.

Thanks for your help!

I don't think you can relock your device once unlocked. But I would think (not that I really know) that once you have unrooted your device it should allow you to run previously blocked apps.

BTW by unlocking your device you allow the device to run custom ROMs, ie a customised OS. You do this via an official bit of software that connects to Asus and tells them your Prime is now unlocked, thus rendering your warranty void.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones