• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to implement new ringtones?

jarnold

Dec 14, 2009
I thought this would be easy but it is throwing me for a loop. I downloaded a few new ringtones from phonezoo and they apparently downloaded correctly. But how do I set them up so that they appear as a selectable ringtone for a particular contact? Going to that contact, doing EDIT, and selecting ringtone does not show any of these new ringtones I downloaded?

Jon

If this folder has not been created yet create it yourself /media/audio then add /ringtones/notifications/alarms within the audio file...copy what you want to the appropriate file then you will be able to assigin the tones accordingly.

I created these folders on my SD Card and put an mp3 in the ringtones folder but when I go to set a default ringtone it only lets me select the built-in ringtones in the phone...it doesn't see the one I put in the folder on my SD Card and there seems to be no way to browse to these folders ...any ideas?

Upvote 0
I created these folders on my SD Card and put an mp3 in the ringtones folder but when I go to set a default ringtone it only lets me select the built-in ringtones in the phone...it doesn't see the one I put in the folder on my SD Card and there seems to be no way to browse to these folders ...any ideas?
hmm...it works for me. Have you checked the list properly as your tones will be amongst the default tones list not a seerate folder.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones