• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To Import Selected Playlists + Contents From iTunes?

PeteCress

Android Enthusiast
Aug 12, 2010
Paoli PA, USA
I've had DoubleTwist for awhile but had not been using it.

Upon coming back to it I found the version has changed and I am unable to make it do what I want it to do: Import just selected playlists and their contents.

Not a huge need here: but I want to get away from carrying my iPod to the gym.... just need a few hundred of the choicest...

Maybe the joker in the deck is that most of the playlists in question are what Apple calls "Smart Playlists" - based on criteria instead of explicit tracks.

Are there other apps that people are happy with in this respect?

I'm seeing iSyncr and a few others....

OTOH, maybe I need some User Education vis-a-vis DoubleTwist....

I've had DoubleTwist for awhile but had not been using it.

Upon coming back to it I found the version has changed and I am unable to make it do what I want it to do: Import just selected playlists and their contents.

Not a huge need here: but I want to get away from carrying my iPod to the gym.... just need a few hundred of the choicest...

Maybe the joker in the deck is that most of the playlists in question are what Apple calls "Smart Playlists" - based on criteria instead of explicit tracks.

Are there other apps that people are happy with in this respect?

I'm seeing iSyncr and a few others....

OTOH, maybe I need some User Education vis-a-vis DoubleTwist....

Try "AirSync: iTunes Sync & AirPlay" from the Google Play store. Made by DoubleTwist

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones