• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To Improve My YouTube Channel?

GalaxyNexus

Android Enthusiast
Nov 12, 2011
Bikini Bottom
Hey guys I'm looking for some recommendations on how to improve my YouTube channel. My first videos sucked pretty bad, but my newest ones have improved lighting and I worked on editing. My main reason for asking is because my subscriber to view ratio is pretty low.

Are there any YouTubers here? If so, please share so insight on what you do to make your channel great. Please don't be afraid to voice your opinions; I would like all the help I can get. Also, does anyone have any recommendations on how to make an intro? I currently use FCP X for editing on my MBP. I've also tried looking for some uncopyrighted music, but most of its kind've lame.

Thanks.

YouTube.com/GadgetGuruHD

At the beginning, you seem to be talking a tad to fastly and I am not sure what you said. Or it is just me and a pair of old ears.

Leave out the "unboxing" stuff. You are not unboxing; you are just removing it from the little bag. Not sure that is needed. Just open it and tell us about the case.

Add more stuff. A case is a yawn unless it is really cool and made from billet like my friend's cases. Again, just my view.

Forget the "OK guys...." I do not like it. Again, just me perhaps.

Try to add prices and known facts rather than guesses. Remember the following: who, what, when, where and why. Journalists forgot that and it probably does not apply on YT. Take a page from the professional speaker: "Tell 'em what you are going to tell them; tell them; then tell them what you told them."

Do your videos with a British accent. YouTube review videos are always better when the reviewer is from GB. Or you should learn to speak like Don LaFontaine.

I only visit YT for the cute kitten videos, so do not listen to me. At least you left out the crappy music, so you get three points for that.

Upvote 0
At the beginning, you seem to be talking a tad to fastly and I am not sure what you said. Or it is just me and a pair of old ears.

Leave out the "unboxing" stuff. You are not unboxing; you are just removing it from the little bag. Not sure that is needed. Just open it and tell us about the case.

Add more stuff. A case is a yawn unless it is really cool and made from billet like my friend's cases. Again, just my view.

Forget the "OK guys...." I do not like it. Again, just me perhaps.

Try to add prices and known facts rather than guesses. Remember the following: who, what, when, where and why. Journalists forgot that and it probably does not apply on YT. Take a page from the professional speaker: "Tell 'em what you are going to tell them; tell them; then tell them what you told them."

Do your videos with a British accent. YouTube review videos are always better when the reviewer is from GB. Or you should learn to speak like Don LaFontaine.

I only visit YT for the cute kitten videos, so do not listen to me. At least you left out the crappy music, so you get three points for that.

Thanks for the help. I'll keep that in mind. LOL about the British accent. :p

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help. I'll keep that in mind. LOL about the British accent. :p

Good luck to you and your efforts. When you get it right, spread the word. Too many really bad YT videos out there.

I only use YT to watch cute kitten videos. Nothing brightens a day like a silly cat doing what cats do.

Say, if you add a few cute kittens to your videos, you will garner hundreds more views. Something to keep in mind.

Upvote 0
Good luck to you and your efforts. When you get it right, spread the word. Too many really bad YT videos out there.

I only use YT to watch cute kitten videos. Nothing brightens a day like a silly cat doing what cats do.

Say, if you add a few cute kittens to your videos, you will garner hundreds more views. Something to keep in mind.

I'm working on some kitten videos right now! :p *sarcasm*

Upvote 0
True the older music that has lost the copyright isn't "cool" but there are channels that use it to their benefit and have lots of subsribers. One I like that has found a good use for this type of music is a team with multiple accounts called YogsCast, the main channel being BlueXephos.

If you're looking for subs there are sites to post on that you get sub for sub, a cheap way to do it, but sometimes the subs you get there lead to other subs.
But the biggest thing to get subs is trying to find a niche that you can really sell. There are youtubers that don't even work because they make sufficient money from youtube and online sales generated by their fanbase.. but in all reality those youtubers do work every day uploading and making new content trying to stay relevant.

My most popular video hasn't even gotten me 1 sub, and it is over 25,000 views which is big to me! lol but my main channel isn't directed at any niche it is comprised of random videos, my second channel I am using for live concerts, But they are still copyright protected so I won't be able to use youtube to gain money on them haha.

Youtube is horrible with copyright on their website, I once uploaded of recording of me playing the star spangled banner on guitar, and it was flagged for copyright, and that is impossible because it is in public domain lol.. I think they are getting better with it though.

But find that niche and maybe try promoting yourself through youtube they have something where you can pay a small fee and you will be on random peoples front pages.

Upvote 0
I'm working on some kitten videos right now! :p *sarcasm*

Sorry you are being sarcastic.

I want to see more cute kitten videos and I am quite serious.

I love to watch those little furry critters doing kitteny things. It brightens my day and if you ever visit my brain, you will shudder and run screaming into the night.

Cute kittens keep the demons at bay.

Upvote 0
Youtube is horrible with copyright on their website, I once uploaded of recording of me playing the star spangled banner on guitar, and it was flagged for copyright, and that is impossible because it is in public domain lol.. I think they are getting better with it though.

The problem is the vast number of videos on their site. Sometimes, a video will be flagged and you have problems. For any number of reasons. Not sure if a bot looks for certain things in the music or if humans review videos to determine if someone has violated this or that.

I do know if they did not at least try to protect IP, people would use unlicensed music.

snopes.com: Happy Birthday Copyright

The "Happy birthday Song" we all sing all the time and all over the place is protected. The link above gives a little history.

As for the Star Spangled Banner, yes, the song is in the public domain. There are mechanical rights as well as performance rights. Perhaps someone thought this means the song is owned by someone other than you or they just want to play it safe.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones