1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to increase call log to longer than 30 days?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SuperDuck, Sep 14, 2011.

1. SuperDuck

SuperDuck Lurker

Is it possible to increase the time length / number of records covered by the call log? I think it's currently fixed to 1 month, older entries will be deleted by the log rotator. Or is this hard-coded?

I know there are some utilities exist to backup / archive call logs or keep them in calendar, but I take archiving methods under another topic, for an even longer or a permanent call history.

Info: Using Samsung Galaxy S, not rooted, I can root if needed.

Advertisement

2. gen-e

gen-e Newbie

mm....I have been wondering if I can do the reverse because my Nexus One's call log is so long..... my oldest call recorded is currently 12 October 2010.

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck Lurker

hehe I'm extremely familiar with your question, as all I get from my searches is this question =) Well, I see numerous applications in the Android market which can clear the call log completely or partially, or periodically. Just search for 'call log' in the Android Market.

Other than this, I found 3 questions same as mine, with no replies =)

4. gen-e

gen-e Newbie

Sounds like it is a restriction placed at the ROM level which you can only change by modifying some hidden system settings.

May be you can change your search keywords and see which file inside the ROM you can modify which will affect this setting.

5. vinayaka

vinayaka Lurker

Is it possible to increase the time length / number of records covered by the call log? I think it's currently fixed to 1 month, older entries will be deleted by the log rotator. Or is this hard-coded?

Info: Using Google Nexus 5, not rooted