1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to increase the height of the SMS text data entry window?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HerrimanCoder, May 1, 2021.

1. HerrimanCoder

HerrimanCoder Lurker

When I am composing a lengthy text message (really anything over about 50 characters), the available height of the tiny little data entry window is way too small and I can't find any way to increase it. I have PLENTY of screen real estate and I'd like a way to temporarily double or even triple the height of the data entry box. Again, I only ever need this when typing a text more than 50 chars, otherwise it's fine. When the amount of text I'm composing exceeds the available space in that little data input, I cannot easily review what I have written, and scrolling up and down within that is a huge pain.

As a software engineer and mobile app developer myself, it seems like the easiest feature in the world to have a little plus/minus icon that would expand or shrink the size of that input. Yet it doesn't seem to exist, and google searches all talk about changing the font size, which I don't need. The same exact issue exists in messaging apps such as GroupMe and WhatsApp.

I am using "Messages" app by Google on my Galaxy S21+.

Is there any way to do this?

#1 HerrimanCoder, May 1, 2021
    Last edited: May 1, 2021

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

what text messaging app are you using?

Dannydet likes this.
  3. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Try installing a different messaging app, such as Textra, which I use. It's completely customizable and gives you what you are looking for

HerrimanCoder and ocnbrze like this.
  4. HerrimanCoder

HerrimanCoder Lurker

"Messages" by Google.

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. HerrimanCoder

HerrimanCoder Lurker

I installed Textra and I'm loving it so far. Thanks for the tip!

campx2, ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.

Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G release date was 29 January. Features and Specs include a 6.7" inch screen, 64MP camera, 8GB RAM, Snapdragon 888 or Exynos 2100 processor, and 4800mAh battery.

29 January
Release Date
Reviews