1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root How to install a rom step by step?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ventrue05, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Ventrue05

Ventrue05 Member
    None

Mar 6, 2011
    where can i find it i'm totally lost. i used to have a optimus M n that was super easy to install a rom (reboot in recovery) but with this one does not give me the option to install a rom from my SD Card. thanks.

Advertisement

2. Ventrue05

Ventrue05 Member
    None

Mar 6, 2011
    1. Fully charged battery.
    2. Backed up individual apps data (i.e. SMS, Astrid, ColorNote).
    3. Plugged phone into computer.
    4. Turned on USB storage.
    5. Copied SD card contents to computer hard drive for backup since I'm paranoid. I don't believe rooting your phone or flashing a ROM touches your SD card anyway.
    6. Turned off USB storage.
    7. Downloaded ROMTools v2.3.1 with Optimus V driver (available in the first post of this thread)
    8. Created desktop folder called

3. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus
    None

May 13, 2011
    Laborer (all the dirty nasty work nobody else want
    Florida
    Which root option did you choose?Root,or shell root(temporary,goes away when you reboot your phone.The Root(permanent)selection doesn't work well with the "V". If you used the Root(permanent)selection,go back into ROMTools and open up SuperOneClick. Select unroot. Download onto your phone,from your phone,The Gingerbreak apk. Found here [26.04.2011][v1.2] GingerBreak APK (root for GingerBread) - xda-developers Make sure you have a stock sd card reformated to default format (it's a little picky about the sd card,nothing bigger than 2g so far that i know.)Use a file manager like Supermanager(which will come in handy after you are rooted)to find the apk in the downloads section of your sd card.Open it up and select install.It should install to your app memory partition on your phone(I down loaded App2SD to double check if it was installed in the right place).Select done. Look it up in your app draw and select it and run it. It will take about 10 min. to do it's thing. Any more than that,then pull the battery and try again(sometimes it takes a couple of tries)When you have established root you can uninstall the one on your phone. Keep the one on your sd card in case you have to unroot.Then go back to ROMTools. Anymore Questions on getting a custom recovery(xionia is the best for the "V") and installing a custom ROM you can read the thread entitled:Root Optimus V without a computer,by bigbdroid, last post on June 28th. If you still have Question fell free to ask.

4. Ventrue05

Ventrue05 Member
    None

Mar 6, 2011
    it was a bad root. what i ended up doing is flash to a stock rom n unroot it. all is good now but i cant find some up to date roms. i cant find the aospbot download link. and yes i did try searching.

5. Ventrue05

Ventrue05 Member
    None

Mar 6, 2011
    nvm found it.

6. Jakarrer

Jakarrer Lurker
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    SAHD
    CT
    can you link that here please? I thought I had found it but was unable to get it operational.
    Thanks.

7. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus
    None

May 13, 2011
    Laborer (all the dirty nasty work nobody else want
    Florida
Tags: