• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to install apps android market think arte not compatible with your phone.

First of all I have a Samsung Behold 2 running android 1.6(donut). I downloaded the shopkick app a couple of weeks ago and it worked fine. Later I downloaded another app that stopped my phone from receiving texts so I had to do a master reset. But before i did it I download astro file manager to back up all my apps. After the reset my phone re-installed all apps except shopkick. And I keep getting am error message reading "shopkick cannot not installed on this phone". When I try to go to the android market to re download it, I cant find it. But when I search for it on my wife's lg optimus t its there. I them tried using the link from the shopkick website and I get an error message which says error: page not found. So obviously the market this app won't work on my phone. But I had it before and it worked perfectly. So how can i get this app back on my phone?

The only way I know to force apps to install is to root your phone and push the apk via adb. Other than that, you could try emailing the developers of shopkick and see what they have to say it. Its possible the Android Market is messed up. I've noticed that sometimes apps disappear from the market only to reappear later (T-Mobile's Visual Voicemail does this).

Reactions: SirJigsalot
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones