• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to install apps of older version?

Apk mirror is 100% safe, they're run by Androidpolice.com who are a legit, very well established Android news site.

They only have free apps there though; if you're looking for apps you've bought, they're sometimes available via the developers website.

Hello. I am not able to find the older version of my desired Apps on Apk Mirror, but I found it on apkpure . Is it also safe and legit?

Upvote 0
Although the people running it don't have the profile of Android Police (who obviously have a reputation that would be very costly for them to lose), I've not found any complaints or reports of modified apps from apkpure. So my impression is that they are safe. But that's really just the result of a bit of search engine research, I've not used them myself.

Upvote 0
There should be a repository somewhere of older apps. A lot of the updates assume you want to stream live.

Almost everything today wants streaming - I want to download the databases.
Take astronomy - We like the Monitor/Merrimac and the La Sal Mountain overlooks in Moab, UT for observing. TMobile does not serve there and doesn't have a roaming partner. If I didn't download the database, I'd be up the creek. I won't get a phone from Verizon just for a once a year visit. That's dumb. Moab used to put warnings all over town - If you can't see the LaSals, you won't have cell service. Makes sense for off-roaders and canyoneerers. You won't get service in those areas.

Same goes for birdwatching. Birds don't fly just where the cell reception is good. I want the database.

I just wrote to Colorado Wetlands over that issue. Nothing on site for preferences. Site wants to stream info. I have streaming off. No wifi in area and data connection not allowed. So app crashes until it figures out I want the downloaded database.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones