• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to Install Clockwork Mod Recovery 2.5.1.8 for the Huawei Ascend

ill try that one, i wonder why the 3.0.0.5 wouldnt take, it was on there and i flashed the older one over it so i could put back icarus. then once i loaded icarus and made a back up i tired putting 3.0.0.5 back on and it woudlnt take. strange though, the old cmr would not flash the new cm7 builds from bobx or pg unless i didnt fix permissions, but when it booted up it had my old wallparer already, didnt act up on kmod. so im hoping the newer cmr will let me do it properly

Upvote 0
I was trying to update to Froyo on my Huawei so I restored a backup I made with rom manager since I uninstalled all the bloatware apps. Things were going alright and the phone rebooted into the clockwordmod (ver. 3.0.0.5 ) recovery menu which I thought was normal so I rebooted the phone once again and the clockwordmod recovery menu appeared once again. About 10 or 11 reboots later it still went to the recovery menu and not letting me use my phone. I formatted the sd card that didn't work so in my infinite wisdom I formatted everything the menu let me format ( ex. format system, boot, sd-card, etc. ) and I rebooted once more. This time when it turned on it was stuck on the Huawei logo and won't go any further so I ask is there anyway I can fix this? Preferably without a sync cable since I don't have one but tell me whatever you think will help even if it includes the cable. I also did a hard reset and it's not working.

Upvote 0
Reactions: Ascendedshark
Upvote 0
Nothing should be lost when installing the 2.5.1.8 recovery, as I've had to reinstall it myself, due to the fact that CMW 3.0.0.5 doesn't like my phone very much, and fails to boot to recovery after a couple of uses. The only thing you might run into issues with is if you had a newer version of CWM installed and created backups, in which case 2.5.1.8 will not be able to restore those backups.

Upvote 0
extract this CWM 2.5.1.8.rar to your desktop and run the files according to you OS.

Way to go Nuttmeg! Problem solved.

Running a Gingerbreak 1.2 rooted Froyo 2.2.2 Metro PCS Huawei Ascend.
I had installed Rom Manager and ClockworkMod 3.0.0.5 but could not boot into recovery (send+up vol+pwr). It would stop at the white Huawei screen.

I tried to reflash CWM to other versions but every time I entered Fastboot to do this (end+down vol+pwr) and then USB connected to the Win XP PC it would no longer recognize the Ascend. So I couldn't push the install.bat file to the Android device.

Solution: Downloaded the Ascend USB Drivers.rar provided by Nuttmeg
http://androidforums.com/ascend-all-things-root/331947-how-install-usb-drivers-cm7.html

Followed his instructions on another post to go to the Win XP Device Manager and delete the Adb Android device (this had 2010 drivers) and installed his provided drivers using the setup.exe (this installed 2009 drivers).

Then did a fastboot and was able to run the windows.bat file and successfully flashed to CWM 3.0.2.8!

Long story short the OLDER Win XP usb drivers (2009) allowed my device to be recognized in fastboot mode.

Many thanks.

p.s.
now a little gun shy to proceed since rom manager still believes I have CWM 3.0.0.5 installed even though I can see when CWM loads that it is 3.0.2.8.

But...damn the torpedoes I'm headed to CM7

Upvote 0
did you set the cpu and governor in setting/CyanogenMod settings...

I set the CPU to 710 MHZ but did not check the box to remember at boot.

now I have done that and it works great, have not messed with the govenor.

I read posts where people set it to "smartass". Should I do the same?

My Antutu Benchmark score at this point is 829. About 100 point improvement over 600 MHZ.

Upvote 0
Sorry this is so long, I just want to make sure I'm covering everything...
Currently running PlayfulMod 1.0 over metro official 2.2 update, MOST metro apps frozen, but not uninstalled, with Titanium backup.
I have ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.2.4 installed on my phone and for the life of me can not complete a backup. I tried flashing the prior version from within Rom Manager v4.2.0.2 with no luck either. Here is what happens wether I try to backup from within Rom Manager or by booing into CWM with the vol+, send, power buttons...
It will backup up boot image, recovery image, system, data (Dalvik cache takes a while, but it moves on), and .android_secure...
The problem is when it says "Backing up cache..." it just sits there for hours, then gives me two errors
"E:Error in /cache/recovery/log (no space left on device)"
"E:Error in /cache/recovery/last_log (no space left on device)
(I have 1601MB free on the SD card according to CWM).
It's happened with both versions of CWM and I have even used Cachecleaner to wipe my cache using both old and new method (so it would hit the SD card too). This version of cwm worked to backup my girlfriend's 2.1 stock and successfully restored it when playfulmod's rom failed on her phone.
I would like to have a complete backup before installing CM6 or CM7 to play with, but I dont want to completely give up the good thing I have going on with how my phone is set up if I want to go back.
Any one have any ideas what's going wrong here, or what more I can do to try to make this work?

EDIT: Update: I un-installed most of my apps and then cleared cache again with CacheCleaner and still get the same results.

Upvote 0
i have had two huawei ascends, the first one i returned for some issues. one of the issues was that when i try to boot it into recovery mode it would get stuck on the huawei startup screen. my new ascend has the same problem!!! i want to install this rom, but i cant because the phone refuses to boot into recovery mode... i tried by pressing the volume up, call button, and power, and i also tried using rom manager. it just wont. work. if anyone knows anything about why this is happening or how i can fix it it would be much apreciated. thanks!

Upvote 0
Hello Everyone, I'm new to the Android scene, I bought a Used CricKet Huawei Ascend from Ebay, Well it was modded CM7 I believe, Well A flashed it back to stock, Well I think it rooted okay, But when I go into Flash ClockMod Recovery it says unable to contact server, I was wondering what I done wrong, I'm hoping and praying I didn't brick it, See I've tried modding it again but it doesn't seem to be coroperating, I re-rooted many times but it always tells me unable to contact server, Then sometimes it tells me some other error, I don't remember exactly what that is, But I sure hope someone here could help me. Thank you very much!!!!

Upvote 0
Hello Everyone, I'm new to the Android scene, I bought a Used CricKet Huawei Ascend from Ebay, Well it was modded CM7 I believe, Well A flashed it back to stock, Well I think it rooted okay, But when I go into Flash ClockMod Recovery it says unable to contact server, I was wondering what I done wrong, I'm hoping and praying I didn't brick it, See I've tried modding it again but it doesn't seem to be coroperating, I re-rooted many times but it always tells me unable to contact server, Then sometimes it tells me some other error, I don't remember exactly what that is, But I sure hope someone here could help me. Thank you very much!!!!

Don't know if you resolved this, but you can't brick it. Read through the Ultimate Customization Guide sticky. That should work fine for you, Clockwork ROM Manager isn't the most reliable app to be using, and you can't use it on the weekends unless you're a premium (yeah, they're THOSE kinds of people.) For the latest versions of CWM, look in the Handy Downloads sticky.

Upvote 0
I just rooted my android l g steam yesterday everything was all good until my ram and CPU started to max out. And im a lil new at thiz . So i went and installed a system tuner now its all out of whack, closing simple to big programs down . i used the gingerbreak to root my phone and now i tride to install the premium ROM manager, well i didnt know was that that i had to get both the new and free versions so just to make this short am i Goin the right way bout this ? Can i uninstall the managers cuzz its sayin somthin bout now having to install a clockwork mod. And i don't have the right phone for the installation plz help. Jp.lane@ymail.com
PS I've already started uninstalling useless app. And the i got the premium manager from the snappz market.

Upvote 0
I just rooted my android l g steam yesterday everything was all good until my ram and CPU started to max out. And im a lil new at thiz . So i went and installed a system tuner now its all out of whack, closing simple to big programs down . i used the gingerbreak to root my phone and now i tride to install the premium ROM manager, well i didnt know was that that i had to get both the new and free versions so just to make this short am i Goin the right way bout this ? Can i uninstall the managers cuzz its sayin somthin bout now having to install a clockwork mod. And i don't have the right phone for the installation plz help. Jp.lane@ymail.com
PS I've already started uninstalling useless app. And the i got the premium manager from PIRATING IT.

Wait are we talking about an LG Esteem or Huawei Ascend?

If you are talking about the Esteem which I believe you are, For one Gingerbreak doesnt work on the Esteem. For 2 theres no Clockworkmod recovery for it or ROM for the Esteem if thats what you are talking about so no need for ROM Manager and third if you are talking about the Esteem this is the Huawei Ascend forum. Everything in here pertains to the Huawei Ascend not the LG Esteem. You need to head over here to the LG Esteem - Android Forums for questions. And last but not least that Market you are talking about is pirated apps which no one here including the users of this forum and the forum its self condone or encourage and talk about pirating apps and basically stealing from devs will not and is not allowed so refrain from it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones