• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to install country restricted apps?

syi

Android Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2011
oregon
I've been trying to install Puzzle and dragon all day and can't figure out how to do VPN/proxy on my PC. Appbrain doean't work, VPNdroid doesn't work, marketfixer has been abandoned. I was hoping some of you fine people would know how to help me with my problem.

to clarify I need to download from the store. either on my phone or on my pc. I know I can install the apk and I don't want to.

I've found this to be a problem when travelling internationally in the past, you end-up with the country's Play store of wherever you happen to be, and obviously some countries and regions don't have all the apps and games. VPN doesn't often work I found, because Play geo-locates you. Found the reliable way to lock it down for your country is to register a credit-card with Google Wallet, even if you're not using it for app purchases and just using free apps. I still get the UK Play store, no matter where I am. Sure Market Fixer was abandoned sometime ago now, likely because they couldn't make it work and do what it was supposed to.

BTW if you need a free VPN that seems to work reliably, even in China, try FQ Router.
http://fqrouter.com/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones