• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to Install CyanogenMod 10.1(Jellybean 4.2.2) on the Fusion 2.

ZeRoseDev

Android Enthusiast
Feb 7, 2013
Florida
www.youtube.com
First here are some helpful IMPORTANT tips:

1. You need to be Rooted. Guide HERE.

2. You need to have CWM. Guide HERE.

3. You should make a backup of your current ROM. Guide HERE.

4. You MUST backup your 3G(If you've already flashed a ICS or JB ROM, this wont backup your 3G). VERY IMPORTANT.. GuideHERE.

How to Install CyanogenMod 10.1

**Known Bugs** **

1. Themes don’t work.

DOWNLOADS:

cm-10.1-20130602-NIGHTLY-u8665.zip from HERE. (155.6 MB)

ICS baseband.zip: HERE
-- HERE is the Gingerbread Baseband; if you would like to go back to Gingerbread ROMs, you must first flash this baseband using the same steps

Gapps: HERE.

First here are some helpful tips:
1. You need to be Rooted.
-Guide located HERE

2. You need to have CWM.
-Guide located HERE

3. You should make a backup of your current ROM.
-Guide located HERE

4. You MUST backup your 3G.
-Guide located HERE

1. Place all required files on your SD Card.
-"ROM".zip, Gapps.zip, and baseband.zip (if it's required).
--Do not extract the "ROM".zip place the zip file on your phone. (Some .zip files contain the ROM and the Gapps, you will need to extract these to recover the "ROM".zip and the Gapps.zip, open the .zip to make sure you see folders inside (data, system, boot, META, etc), not more .zip files)

2. Reboot your phone into "Recovery Mode".
-Power down the device, then hold Power and Volume Up until you reach the Recovery Menu; once there, use the Volume buttons to navigate, and the power button to select.

3. Select "mounts and storage". -Select yes.

4. Select "format /cache". -Select yes.

5. Select "format /data". -Select yes.

6. Select "format /system". -Select yes.

7. Select "format /datadata". -Select yes.

***WARNING; DO NOT FORMAT /SD Card***

8. Select "format /cust". -Select yes.

9. Select "+++++Go Back+++++".

10. Select "wipe cache partition". -Select yes.

11. Select "advanced".

12. Select "wipe dalvik cache". -Select yes.

13. Select "+++++Go Back+++++".

14. Select "wipe data/factory reset". -Select yes.

***If you are on the wrong baseband continue;
if you're on the correct baseband skip to step 17***

15. Select "install zip from sdcard".

16. Select "choose zip from sdcard".
---Navigate to the Baseband.zip and press power to select it.

17. Select "install zip from sdcard".

18. Select "choose zip from sdcard".
---Navigate to the "ROM".zip and press power to select it.

**If you need to install Gapps**

19. Select "install zip from sdcard".

20. Select "choose zip from sdcard".
---Navigate to the Gapps.zip and press power to select it.

21. Select "+++++Go Back+++++".

22. Select "reboot system now".

This can take anywhere from 2 - 10 minutes, please be patient.

Once the phone boots, it is recommended you wait about 5 minutes to let everything load properly.

Did I help so much that you want to buy me a coffee?
Do that HERE.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-12-13-06-29.png
    Screenshot_2013-06-12-13-06-29.png
    47 KB · Views: 202
  • Screenshot_2013-06-12-13-06-17.png
    Screenshot_2013-06-12-13-06-17.png
    69.4 KB · Views: 184
  • Screenshot_2013-06-12-13-08-16.png
    Screenshot_2013-06-12-13-08-16.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 175
Hello, I'm a new android user and have never rooted anything before, so I'm glad i found this guide. But the links for how to root and how to get CWM appear broken? I'll do some more googling to see if i can figure it out but in the meantime can anyone who has this rom on the phone tell me how to root this phone and install cwm? Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Hello, I'm a new android user and have never rooted anything before, so I'm glad i found this guide. But the links for how to root and how to get CWM appear broken? I'll do some more googling to see if i can figure it out but in the meantime can anyone who has this rom on the phone tell me how to root this phone and install cwm? Thanks in advance.

My guide has the links you require right at the top, I suggest you utilize all of them in the order they are presented. If you need further assistance, feel free to leave a message on that post.

http://androidforums.com/fusion-2-a...how-flash-any-rom-fusion-2-a.html#post5951836

:D

Upvote 0
Just wanted to thank everyone who is and was involved with customizing and rooting this device. I have fiddled with devices from time to time...unlocking with out paying and flashing and what not... but nothing this new or this cool. Now that im rooted and running jb 4.2.2 on my fusion 2, i want to make it look cool and down load different clocks fonts and other cool things.. any suggestions?

Upvote 0
Just wanted to thank everyone who is and was involved with customizing and rooting this device. I have fiddled with devices from time to time...unlocking with out paying and flashing and what not... but nothing this new or this cool. Now that im rooted and running jb 4.2.2 on my fusion 2, i want to make it look cool and down load different clocks fonts and other cool things.. any suggestions?

This is what I used: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.vineetsirohi.customwidget

Upvote 0
First of all thnx ZeRoseDev for doing such a great job for us... and I am very eager to install this ROM but I want to know the issues ... You have written that themes doesn't work... I am okay with that but is there any other issues like WIFi and Bluetooth not working??? Because I have used CM 7.2 and it was good but had some issues with Bluetooth.

Firstly, let me say sorry for taking so long to get back to you. There is a newer version this exact rom here in which themes do work....
http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=6053923

the only issue with this one, and most of the roms ICS and above, are that the fm radio doesn't work and is not installed. You can use the free version of spiritfm.

Upvote 0
Most people who ask me which rom is my favorite I know that I'm a huge proponent of slim bean 4.1 .2.

There are no bugs that I know of, it's super fast, the wifi speeds are the best of any of the roms that I'm aware of for this phone.

There is no FM radio built into the Rom, but the free version of spirit fm works perfectly making slim bean 4.1 .2 a fully working rom, with zero bugs.

And there's no lag in applications; I despise lag. Lol.

**your English is fine.

:D

Upvote 0
Thnx for your quick answer... I will definitely use slim bean now... Is there any other guide for installing that rom?

The installation for the ROMs is generally the same for all of them.

There are 3 versions of Slimbean now, the one I am talking about is 4.1.2.

If you need the link let me know.

Reactions: ronyshawkat
Upvote 0
I previously rotted my LG Optimus Dynamic and installed Arearom blah blah blah... Now I have AT&T Fusion 2 which I successfully rooted,made backup of both ROM and 3G but for some reason I cant get CWM to work.When I put phone into fastboot and run instalador and connect my phone I hear the computer sound off that its plugged in but wont recognize that its connected. all I see is hard drive,DVD drive and my network.Phone does not show up anywhere.I have used 3 different USB cables and same result.How long shoud it take for my PC to recognize my phone? Please help

Upvote 0
Hey. Sorry for the late reply, it didn't notify me.

SpiritFM works.

There is a free version floating around on the net. The only thing it lacks is autotune.

I will see if I can find the link.

Here it is, you may have to play with the settings. Sometimes I had to mute and in mute. If you hear static, it's working.

https://copy.com/ddBz9uIWzKWi9Ug

If that one doesn't work, here is the link to the only other one I saved.

https://copy.com/vI70oKHxJgOWj1p

Reactions: ronyshawkat
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones