• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to install cyanogenmod on htc inspire 4g

i already have it rooted and i have downloaded rom manager. i want to install cyanogenmod on my htc inspire 4g. i have rom manager i don't want to move files to my sd card and flash it with back up so will rom manager work flawlessly? and if it bricks my phone isn't there some way i can fix it with clock work recorvery?

Hi, welcome to Android Forums :)

The whole process is fairly easy (you have done the hard part by rooting) for flashing CM, and nowadays it's very hard to brick your phone doing this!

[Very] briefly, you would need to backup your apps and data with something like Titanium Backup (the paid version is definitely worth it) and also backup your sms messages with something like SMS Backup & Restore. Since you have ROM Manager, you can download Cyanogenmod from there and then go into recovery, wipe data/cache etc and then flash it.

^That is not a very good description (just giving you a quick run down) but if you head to the Inspire 4G All things root section with your question i'm sure someone can give you a good guide to follow :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones