1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

how to install downloads with chromium, android 2.3.1?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    Hi, I have an acer aspire one d257 dual boot with android 2.3.1 and chromium.
    I tried to download and install several programs with chromium, such as altrernative browser firefox, a vpn, an antivirus for android, they download alright but then there is no installation option or button whatsoever, just a delete active link. What bcan I do?
    Tks for an answer asap.

Advertisement

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

May 29, 2011
    Male
    Retired
    Les Gets, France
    Hi

Normally is best to use playstore to install apps.

If you download .apk files, find them with a file manager in the Download folder ( or wherever they are) click on the file and use the installer to install them. You will need to enable "unknown sources" in system security first.

Roger

3. moon1357

moon1357 Lurker
    None

Feb 14, 2014
    Hi, it's me again "guest", only that I was asked to register. It's the first time ever I use android and I'd rather avoid the market for the dangerous apps. I have actually in front of me the download page of my chromium browser. There are 4 downloads there, firefox-27.0.tar.bz2, kisandroid_11.1.7.78_mlg_en_ae.apk, HSS-3.32-install-e-550-plain.exe and a pdf I tried to read.
    None of them has any install option, link or right-click option. When I put the cursor over them, the only thing it appears active is a link under each one destined to delete it.
    That is I only can remove from list the downloads, nothing else.
    How the heck can I install them?
    I tried in the first place to download kaspersky for android, somehow it appeared in my apps but then it was not functioning (it reported it must shut down when opening my netbook) and I had to delete it.
    By the way, how can I shut down android except from the power button?
    Tks
    P.S. I did enable "unknown sources" before to try to install, situation remained as described above.