1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General How To Install Google Apps (GAPPS) on Mid9742

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SonySony, May 2, 2012.

1. SonySony

SonySony Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2012
    NOTE: I don't have the MID9742 Tablet Yet. So these tips are based in fixes that worked on other earlier Coby Kyros Tablets:

THIS IS THE OLD METHOD FOR INSTALLING GAPPS ON UN-ROOTED COBY: This worked perfectly on my older MID7127 tablet. However, some have Reported That The Market App does not work after installation on the MID9742. Give it a try. Follow instructions carefully.

Download Gapps Bundle from here: Gapps Bundle (7MB)
    Follow the Video insrtuctions posted by the daprospecta on YouTube: INSTALL ALL THE APPS.
    How install android market on coby Kyros 7022 - YouTube
    ----------------
    **** If you get the Google Framework Stopped error --
    go to Settings> Accounts and Sync. Side to turn Auto OFF Sync.
    go to Settings > Applications > All.
    Click Calendar - > Force Stop > Clear Data - Clear Cache
    Same for Calendar Storage, Google-services Framework, Gmail, Market Feedback, Market Updater, Restart - Login To Gmail -- Restart Again. Then Try Market
    -----------------
    ANOTHER SUGGESTION: Follow DaProspecta's instructions. BUT use the Latest Gapps App Bundle (ice cream sandwich app bundle) (dated April 29, 2012.) - Worth A Try. INSTALL ALL THE APPS. -Gapps App Bundle(dated April 29, 2012 (40MB) (gapps found in the - \system\app\ sub-folder

Advertisement

stretch1a likes this.
  2. servo75

servo75 Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Might this work on the new MID1042-8? I don't see a forum for that device but it seems like the closest match.