1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to install yowhatsapp

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by MelbaJenkins, Aug 7, 2020.

1. MelbaJenkins

MelbaJenkins Lurker

Hey guys!
    Recently, some of my friends mentioned YoWhatsApp at TechBigs and they suggested me to use it. To this day I always use WhatsApp, I want to know if YoWhatsApp is WhatsApp co-publisher app? Or is there a connection between this application and WhatsApp? And how can I install it safely for my device?

#1 MelbaJenkins, Aug 7, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by Hadron, Aug 7, 2020 (2 points)
  3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

It's an unofficial modification of WhatsApp, one of many. Like all such it can be used with a WhatsApp account but has no officient relation with WhatsApp and will never be in the Play Store (it would be rejected for copyright violation and any developer submitting it would be banned). It will be supported for as long as the author can be bothered (I understand that the current developer is not the original author, who stopped work on it). I cannot rule out the possibility that WhatsApp might at some point take action against the developer or the app and its users if it attracts their attention (I'm assuming here that Facebook won't approve of it, but that's a pretty safe assumption).

With any app you install you have to trust the source you get it from that it hasn't been modified to contain malware (this is true even of the Play Store). So the answer to how do you install it safely is can you find a source that you trust?

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Never heard of it. Suggest you ask your friends, as it sounds like they know more about.

5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

It's also trivial to type the app name into your favourite search engine ;).

Yeah, I know we don't give that type of answer here (we're not XDA ;)), but basic "what is this app" stuff is easy to answer that way. "Is it safe" is harder, especially since most search results will come from sites with an interest in you downloading and using the app, but "what is it" is an easy one to answer - though to be fair I didn't need to do a search for that, since it was obvious from the name what it was going to be and the only thing I learned was that it's no longer in the hands of the original developer.

mikedt, MelbaJenkins and ocnbrze like this.
  6. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

I think it's in the Yo Play Store.
    Along with the very popular
    Yo Facebook,
    Yo Google Assistant,
    And Yo Maps

mikedt and ocnbrze like this.
  7. MelbaJenkins

MelbaJenkins Lurker

I really want to thank you for your enthusiasm ;)

ocnbrze likes this.
  8. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I bet they all come from China or Russia.

Good luck! Here be dragons.

WhatsApp

WhatsApp Forum

com.yowhatsapp

READ MORE
Last Updated
Rating
Installs