• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to keep apps running

eishiba

Lurker
Sep 10, 2020
How does one keep apps running with screen off? I'm sure there is some kind of app. During football season i cant watch the game so i want to turn my screen off while i listen to it with my ear buds. But usually if your turn your screen off everything else stops as well. What can i do? If it helps im using the slightly outdated Samsung S5.

Is your phone plugged into a charger while you do this?

If so, you can use a setting in the developers options (stay awake) that will keep the screen on (and the device active) while the phone is charging.
Keeping the device awake will keep the app(s) active.

The cool thing about this is that you can then turn the screen off, but the phone will still stay awake with the screen off.

I have a couple of ways to turn the screen off for when I am doing similar to what you want to do, but don't need/want the screen to be on- just having the sound on and having the device stay active so that the app(s) don't close.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones