1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root How to keep battery drain minimal during use?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Shuichiro, May 24, 2012.

1. Shuichiro

Shuichiro Newbie
    None

Apr 26, 2012
    Hi all! All the advice I get from here is awesome, so I come with a new question. What can I do to minimize battery drain during the time the screen is on?

I've got my phone tweaked to the point where there is only 1% drain every 1-2 hrs., but because I use the phone periodically I keep draining the battery faster than I would like.

I've got the brightness turned all the way down and I don't use widgets. I seems like after an hour of usage I've already killed half the battery. Maybe this is the best I can expect, but I'd rather rule out the other possibilities.

I'm running Dark Minimilist rom at 61-1.3mhz underclocked to 600 on all frequencies on the Interactive governor.

Advertisement

2. Prey521

Prey521 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    My phone runs pretty well with a max CPU speed of 768mhz....that may help a little. Between this phones poor build quality and the lack of source code/drivers from Moto, I wouldn't expect it to get much better with what you've already done.

3. CheshireCat

CheshireCat Lurker
    None

Dec 29, 2011
    The first thing you need to do is check to see what's using all of your battery when you are using it. After using your phone and draining the battery for a while (half way is good)
    Go to Settings > Applications > Battery Use

View what is consuming all of your battery. I suspect you may have an application such as google maps running in the background sucking your battery dry.

Find out what is using your battery up, then address the problem.
    Good luck.

4. Just Infectiou

None

Jan 19, 2012
    When I have bad service I turn off mobile data which seems to make it last a lot longer. Also, see above post.

5. Shuichiro

Shuichiro Newbie
    None

Apr 26, 2012
    Started with wyzors guide when I getting the idle drain down.

6. Shuichiro

Shuichiro Newbie
    None

Apr 26, 2012
    The battery usage in settings doesn't really reveal anything. It didn't reveal much when I was tweaking the phone. ;)

Can wakelocks affect battery usage even if the phone is achieving deep sleep while the screen is off? Or what about while the screen is on?