1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to keep Notes 10 camera to stay on?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Charles Lee, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Charles Lee

Charles Lee Newbie

I have set up my Notes 10 to take pictures of the bird feeder by remote shutter control. I have set the screen stay awake option in the developer tab. The screen stays on but the camera automatically shut off after 3 minutes. How do I keep the camera stay on indefinitely?

2. Best Answer:
    Post #7 by Charles Lee, Jul 20, 2020 (3 points)
  3. Bodestone

Bodestone Android Enthusiast

I believe you can manually take photos over other options so maybe you could set up a time lapse to keep the cammera active until you press to take. You'd then have to delete all the empty lapse photos though.
    I guess the other option would be waving the SPen now and then between modes as a keep alive.

Did you not raise this same question a couple of days ago?

Also. Breadded crab claws are really good.

4. marctronixx

the sensor gets hot when activated and that's the camera's way of reducing heat inside the device.

i would be weary of using any program that forces the camera to stay on constantly.

J_Hansen likes this.
  5. Charles Lee

Charles Lee Newbie

The problem of setting the camera in the hyperlapse mode is when you press the remote control, it starts or stops the hyperlapse instead of taking a picture.

Does the overheating problem also true in hyperlapse mode?

Does the overheating problem also true in hyperlapse mode?

6. marctronixx

when the sensor is on and just idle, its heating up. its the nature of the way these modules work.

7. Bodestone

Bodestone Android Enthusiast

You'd probably be better of forking out for a motion activated cam that records to micro SD that can be transfered to your phone. They can be picked up for as little as £/$20 with night vision and motion detection.

Also you don't need to be near at hand to trigger the shot which could spook the wee birdies.

#6 Bodestone, Jul 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    J_Hansen and marctronixx like this.
  8. Charles Lee

Charles Lee Newbie

I found a solution to the problem. I set the long press mode of the S pen to launch the camera. Then when I want to take pictures, I can launch the camera at that time.

J_Hansen and marctronixx like this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 release date was August 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.3" inch screen, 12MP camera, 8GB RAM, Exynos 9825 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

August 2019
Release Date
Reviews