• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to keep samsung galaxy precedent on

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

Samsung Galaxy Precedent shuts on and off
The phone shuts off by itself, on the charger or not, no matter what I'm doing with it. I also noticed that the power button (just trying to turn off the screen) tries to turn off my phone every time rather than just when I hold it down. Help?

this is a 20 buck castoff with no service that my girlfreind gave me when she got her new one. it was one she got from Walmart, so im pretty sure it out of warranty, besides its rooted, i just use it for a handheld computer.

Ive been screwin around with h it for abot a year now and have gotten pretty good at programin and moding it so im goin that route....thank you very much tho

Upvote 0
Samsung Galaxy Precedent shuts on and off
The phone shuts off by itself, on the charger or not, no matter what I'm doing with it. I also noticed that the power button (just trying to turn off the screen) tries to turn off my phone every time rather than just when I hold it down. Help?

Well to start it sound lime you might have a hardware issue with the power button and/or it maybe be come loose from from the socket and may need to be reseated or shimmed.
Do you have acistom kernel installed? Is so, over clocking and or under clocking can and will cause reboots. If that's the case then you may want to change your kernel settings.

I would also maybe recommend that you boot to your custom recovery and wipe the dalvik cache and cache to see if it might help resolve your issue.

If that still doesn't work you could try booting to recovery and performing a Factory Data reset. This will generally take care of alto of ongoing and odd issues.

Good luck! Of you need anymore help feel free to ask!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones