1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support how to keep song as a ring tone & as a message tone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by siddhin, Jan 15, 2011.

1. siddhin

siddhin Lurker
    None

Jan 15, 2011
    Hey guys
    Plz tell me how to keep song as a ring tone & as a message tone?
    & how i can copy my sim contacts in phone memory

Advertisement

2. pwabbit

pwabbit Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 19, 2009
    You will need to use a program like Ringroid to make a 30 seconds or less ringer from your song. Then place that new ringer in the folders you want it to show up in /sdcard/media/audio/rintones (or notifications or alarms). You will need to restart the phone to get the ringer to show up.

3. ephbee

ephbee Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 31, 2010
    perth, australia
    no need to use an app to trim,i've worked out a system to use phone only, open your stock music player, find the song you want to use,press menu, set as ringtone, trim the ringtone, select start and stop points for the sample you want to use(minimum sample 3 secs),set as, phone ringtone.
    now hook your phone up to pc as disc drive, to explore sd card.
    look for a folder called Media and if you don't have one create one, then open that folder and create a folder called Audio, then open audio and create sub folder called Notifications.
    after you have done that find a folder called ringtones, this is where the sample you have just created is, highlight that and copy to notification folder.
    now when you set your message tones you will have the sample included in the list.
    then go back and change ringtone back to what you had previously( we only did that so we had a sample to use)
    obviously if you want to use an mp3 as a ringtone, you only need to do the first part
    :D:D:D

Tags: