1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How to keep the screen on while charging?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by da man, Sep 21, 2011.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member
    None

May 11, 2010
    social worker
    Just wondering if anybody knows he setting or any other way to keep the screen on while hooked up to a power source. Ive looked and looked in the settings and cant find anything.
    Thanks?

Advertisement

2. Cobravision

Cobravision Android Expert
    None

Jul 8, 2010
    My workaround was to activate the "Keep Screen On" setting in Dolphin HD browser and leave it at the home screen. There are a few programs that have keep screen on settings if you don't want to do this with Dolphin.

da man likes this.
  3. da man

da man Well-Known Member
    None

May 11, 2010
    social worker
    Found a free app called "screen on" which works well for this. Just in case anybody else is trying to figure this out.

Speed Daemon likes this.
  4. paynekiller

paynekiller Newbie
    None

Jun 13, 2010
    have you looked in USB settings, development?

5. jlear3

jlear3 Member
    None

Aug 7, 2011
    only thing in development is mock locations or usb debugging, I know I saw this option somewhere, but can't find it now : (

6. gordon1hd1

gordon1hd1 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 5, 2010
  7. mcvickj

mcvickj Lurker
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Just curious why would want to keep the screen on while charging? I'm sitting here looking at my phone trying to think of a reason but coming up empty.

8. HotInEER

HotInEER Newbie
    None

Jan 12, 2010

I like to have my screen on when i'm listening to Pandora radio or other similar apps. That way when I have to skip a song or want to find out who is singing, I don't have to keep hitting the power button, then unlocking it, it saves some wear and tear on the power button.

But, to answer the other posters question, you would have to download a app to do that on the Epic 4g Touch, in the display settings it only allows the screen to stay on for 10 minutes.

9. TheBlackPrince

TheBlackPrince Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 17, 2010
    Amateur Computer Scientist
    Pandora doesn't have a 'Keep Screen on' option? I thought I remember it having one...

10. HotInEER

HotInEER Newbie
    None

Jan 12, 2010
    It still does. I was merely giving an example to why someone might want to keep their screen on from the other poster. They said they couldn't think of one reasons to have their screen stay on, so I was giving an example.

11. emailjeffwilso

None

Jul 13, 2012
    I'm reading these post because I'm trying to figure this out too. I use my Epic 4g as my clock/ and alarm and would prefer to glace as opposed to get up and wake the phone up. My Blackberry did it and as smart as this phone is I'm thinking it should do it too.

12. Speed Daemon

Speed Daemon Android Expert
    None

Jul 12, 2012
    Using an expensive smart phone as a table clock might not be the best idea, considering that you can buy a common bedside alarm clock for a few dollars. I have an Ambient Drizzle alarm clock that I prefer because it has nice big buttons that don't go away with a screen change, two separate alarms, sets itself, and best of all it has a weather display that gets data from Accuweather via local FM radio stations' data channels. It's really cool, and no longer sold. :( At the other end of the range I used to use a tiny battery-powered pocket travel alarm clock that I found in my airplane seat (I tried to turn it in, but they said "keep it, we don't do lost and found") for years. The flight was from Europe and I haven't found anything nearly as cool in the US.

If you want to use your SII on a cradle as a very expensive clock, don't let me (or anyone else) stop you. If you do see early signs of burn-in, you can always move around the panels from time to time. Although those constantly moving screen saver modes could make you think that burn-in could happen in the blink of an eye, the truth is that if it happens at all, it takes a long time. Changing things up every few weeks should be often enough.