1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to kill that blasted "airplane mode"?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Turbojoe, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Turbojoe

Turbojoe Well-Known Member

I work nights and I'm sick of this thing switching to "airplane mode" on me. I then have to go into settings and turn WIFI back on. Is there a way to completely disable "airplane mode"? Thanks.

Joe

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled

There's no way to disable airplane mode that I'm aware of but it shouldn't go into it on its own. Do you have a battery saver app installed? That's the only way I can think of which would turn it on automatically.

Turbojoe likes this.
  3. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Android Expert

are you using "battery widget reborn"?

that has a setting that turns on airplane mode between set times, go into the apps settings and disable it.

Turbojoe likes this.
  4. Turbojoe

Turbojoe Well-Known Member

You both ROCK! I do have battery widget reborn. I just went in to settings and killed airplane mode. Thanks guys!

Joe

5. tcat007

tcat007 Android Expert

What does airplane mode do anyway? I just checked and it is "on". I can however turn wifi on and off, and receive GrooveIP calls. Since there is no cell radio, what is it actually turning on/off?

6. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Choosing airplane mode turns off all radios (cellular in a phone, WiFi, BlueTooth, and possibly NFC though I am not sure) and you can then turn on at WiFi.