1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to know if it works?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TyGuy96, Oct 18, 2013.

1. TyGuy96

TyGuy96 Lurker

Hi,

I'm looking to buy an S4 off of kijiji, but don't know what to look for when I go to meet the seller. I have never used one before, and I don't want to find out too late that I bought a phone that doesn't work.

Also, what do you think is a reasonable price for them?

Thanks,
    TyGuy

Advertisement

2. ThatOneRearEnd

ThatOneRearEnd Well-Known Member

Turn it on for example?

3. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Android Expert

Turn it on, make sure apps work, and ask if the seller can send a text message or make a call or something to make sure the imei hasnt been reported stolen

4. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Android Expert

Personally, I would actually call the carrier the phone is registered with and verify the IMEI is "clean"....

5. lotus49

lotus49 Android Expert

I would definitely do this.

Only a few days ago someone here posted about getting an S4 on Gumtree. After he had been using it for a few weeks, it suddenly stopped working. It turned out to have been stolen.

Even if you have dubious morals and don't mind buying a stolen phone, you may well find yourself with a useless and expensive phone on which you cannot make calls if you don't check the IMEI number.

6. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Android Expert

Along with all the above, before you turn it on, check the IMEI/MEID inside the battery cover. If it's scratched out, that's already a bad sign. Otherwise, memorize a portion (or write it down) and compare it to the About Phone details when you power it up. If it's mismatched, it has been changed and may not even activate.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews