• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to Know the Originating App of a Notification?

kenlohwh

Lurker
Aug 6, 2011
I have a stubborn notification with the title like "Videos of cutest animals!" and so on that keeps appearing.

Clicking on the notification launches the browser to a certain website purportedly owned by Mobile in Motion Pte Ltd. I've tried in vain to contact the company.

Is there a way for me to know which app is churning out the notifications?

I have a stubborn notification with the title like "Videos of cutest animals!" and so on that keeps appearing.

Clicking on the notification launches the browser to a certain website purportedly owned by Mobile in Motion Pte Ltd. I've tried in vain to contact the company.

hello and welcome kenlohwh.

Is the "notification" appearing in the notification bar at the very top of the screen (where the clock, battery, signal is) or does it appear in the main body of the screen when looking at certain app's?

Upvote 0

Found some info ...
http://lifehacker.com/5827303/find-and-opt-out-of-ads-in-your-android-notification-bar

Harry

Reactions: ironass
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones