1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

How to know which app is making sound?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by ChrBrewster, Apr 1, 2014.

1. ChrBrewster

ChrBrewster Member

Jan 13, 2012
    An app on my phone keeps making a ringtone (surprisingly loud), but I don't know which app or what it's trying to tell me. It comes in waves, usually quite a few in the morning to early afternoon. Then it may not happen again for a few days or a week. Someone suggested it was the Facebook app (a good guess) but deactivating the notification didn't help. Any way to isolate the app? Could it be something about software updates?

Motorola Droid model XT912

Advertisement

2. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Male
    MECHANIC OBDII. NOS. FUEL INJECTION. Saving a Life
    Park Ave., HELL
    Hello and welcome to the forums we need to know what apps you have on the droid everyone has Facebook . it maybe a game that u downloaded .
    Also need to no if the razor is rooted and running any custom mods or roms

3. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
    Is there nothing in the notification panel (pulldown) after hearing the sound?

4. ChrBrewster

ChrBrewster Member

Jan 13, 2012
    The phone isn't rooted, not running custom mods etc. (I use the phone at a common, basic level.) I haven't loaded any games or played any. There are quite a few apps, not all of which I loaded. I have some news apps such as New York Times, Guardian, Slate, StarTribune, and a couple of radio ones, WQXR and KPLU. I have LinkedIn. If any of these were chiming for each new item, it would happen every day, but my chime skips days and stretches of days.

Nothing in the notification panel correlates to the chime (as in, a new thing is there right after I hear the chime). It doesn't correlate to incoming texts or email.

Thank you for any suggestions.

5. Do you have a calendar up and running? Could be alarms for that? Or, check your alarm clock...maybe something got set there?
    It's odd that nothing is in the notification bar.

6. ChrBrewster

ChrBrewster Member

Jan 13, 2012
    I do use Google Calendar and Tasks, but these are pretty sparse-- nowhere near enough events to cause all these chimes. I have use an alarm some but these times are almost always turned off-- just for special uses. I'm thinking about your suggestions, in case there's anything like these that I'm not thinking of.

7. lgv20user

lgv20user New Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Female
    Im having that problem now. Its driving me crazy.