• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to limit emails size on Samsung Galaxy S2

I am having issues with email size on my i9100. I use GMAIL as interim client, but I am using Outlook on a local machine (not over exchange server).

Is there any way to limit emails to 20kb per mail or some such? Would using an app like CompanionLink help provide this feature? I cannot even turn off the downloading of internet pictures in my emails, which I could control on my old WM6.5.

Also how about in roaming mode in another country, can I limit the email size for this setting (in case this is not possible for the non-roaming case).

I am still a little new to the Droid world (but learning). Thanks for any help.

I am having issues with email size on my i9100. I use GMAIL as interim client, but I am using Outlook on a local machine (not over exchange server).

Is there any way to limit emails to 20kb per mail or some such? Would using an app like CompanionLink help provide this feature? I cannot even turn off the downloading of internet pictures in my emails, which I could control on my old WM6.5.

Also how about in roaming mode in another country, can I limit the email size for this setting (in case this is not possible for the non-roaming case).

I am still a little new to the Droid world (but learning). Thanks for any help.

Just to clarify - CompanionLink handles contacts, calendars, tasks, & memos, but not email. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with a tool that will do what you are looking for. Hopefully someone else on the forums is!

- David Z.

Upvote 0
Just to clarify - CompanionLink handles contacts, calendars, tasks, & memos, but not email. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with a tool that will do what you are looking for. Hopefully someone else on the forums is!

- David Z.
That's a new one I haven't heard about, but I do understand what you are trying to accomplish. I will do some research and see if I can find a solution.

Upvote 0
Thanks David and Aatos for your replies.

I now understand that CompanionLink will not help my email problem.

I am worried that when I am out of the country on roaming, that I cannot control the email traffic volume and will get hit with a big bill for volume.

I do anyway use SpB Wireless, so atleast I can see the traffic problem as it happens! This is a great tool which I used for the last 3 years on WM.
Cheers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones