• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to load a 2nd Gmail account onto Eris?

Good morning,
I am having trouble loading a 2nd (additional) Gmail account onto new Eris. Loaded 1st Gmail account at set-up just fine, but when attempting to do the 2nd one, all I get is "Warning - Authentication failed. Please verify your username/password." ... and am absolutely/positively certain they are keyed properly. Does anyone have a fix for this? Thanks!

I am not sure about this one, but would you be interested in fowarding the second email to the first one? I am pretty sure you can create folders for your email. This means when you go into your email you can choose folder A or folder B. As well, emails will automatically be sorted within them. Hope I somewhat helped :).

Upvote 0
Actually this is a deal breaker situation for me. I'm up for an upgrade in 10 days and have briefly tried a non-activated Eris. Love the phone,form factor,in short everything about the Eris. With that said, I'm a consultant with two gmail accounts and a hotmail account. The two gmails are for two of my clients, so I need to be able to access both,all the time. It's no problem for my 2 year old bb Curve but if I can't get both on an Eris I'll have to get another bb. Can anybody answer this question? TIA :eek:

Upvote 0
yeah that is what i meant. if in fact you (2.0) can add multiple gmail acct in the gmail app, and eris (1.5) can't, it would make sense. so i guess something for the eris users to look forward too...

for the record i am not really a gmail user but this phone i guess is forcing me to be one :(

i just wish you would get the color coded labels to come thru on the gmail app, i hear that the droid can't do this either? all the labels online say are different colors but come in blue on the phone.

Upvote 0
yeah that is what i meant. if in fact you (2.0) can add multiple gmail acct in the gmail app, and eris (1.5) can't, it would make sense. so i guess something for the eris users to look forward too...

for the record i am not really a gmail user but this phone i guess is forcing me to be one :(

i just wish you would get the color coded labels to come thru on the gmail app, i hear that the droid can't do this either? all the labels online say are different colors but come in blue on the phone.

The pop accts. are color coded not the gmail accts.

Upvote 0
yeah i avoided using the pop acct cause of the time delay. i only use my sites accts like

@talkdelaware.com
@talkpa.net
@netbookmodz.com
@talkphillysports.com

and coming from a BB there was a considerable delay in getting these via the pop account mail app. so instead i forward them to my gmail and get them almost instantly.

To avoid those delays I have my gmail acct check those on one acct and when I send out on that acct it goes out on behalf of. I get the email as quickly as I did on my Storm before the droid.

Upvote 0
right but doing a import on gmail, rather then a forward on your pop mail to gmail, you still deal with the gmail polling delay don't you?

i THINK i tried it the way you describe and when i went into the gmail settings it shows the acct's and says "last checked 22 minutes ago" etc

is there a way to do it differently?

I'll have a look at the setting and see if there is an interval. I do not remember seeing one. Each time I loaded gmail and check it always said last checked 1 minute ago. When you did it did you do it as pop or gmail? Maybe thats the difference? I used gmail.

Upvote 0
I am interested in this as well. I have 3 different gmail accounts (1 main, and 2 for other purposes when I'd rather not give out my real e-mail). At home I use Outlook, and I have it set up where I can choose which e-mail account I am sending from, and it also shows me which e-mail account each message is received from. I'd like something like this on the Eris, if it exists ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones